Outdoor Japan Media publishes Outdoor Japan Online (since 2000) and Outdoor Japan TRAVELER magazine (formerly Outdoor Japan Magazine, since 2005), the first bilingual travel and outdoor lifestyle magazine in Japan. Outdoor Japan Media also publish the Japanese edition of The Surfer's Journal magazine (since April 2011), the highly-acclaimed premium surfing magazine published by Steve and Debbee Pezman out of San Clemente, California. The Surfer's Journal USA celebrated it's 20 year anniversary in 2011.
Outdoor Japan Media also publishes an annual Winter Sports Guide, Surfing Guide and manage an English golf portal, Golf in Japan. Outdoor Japan Media also organizes popular annual music festivals: Snow Splash winter music festivals and ski weekends and Summer Splash Mountain Music Festival, an adventure weekend and music festival in summer.
Outdoor Japan Media creative team provides custom publishing solutions including design, graphics, translation, printing and delivery specializing in tourism and lifestyle sector. We have extensive experience as PR and Marketing Consultanst for travel, tourism, hospitality and lifestyle brands in Japan and Asia.
Creative & Media Production
Outdoor Japan Media has helped many companies with their professional editing, writing, copy editing, copy writing and creative needs. Our team has experience in crisis management when companies need projects saved, fixed or rescued. We have shot and produced outdoor and adventure travel television programs for NHK Worldwide, produced promotional videos for the Japan Tourism Agency and various other related projects. Our services include:
- Custom publishing, editorial and advertorial content, telling a story
- Professional writing, copy writing, editing, copy editing.
- Translation services, localization
- Photography and videography, video production, custom publishing, copy editing and social marketing to tell a story.
PR & Communications Consulting
Outdoor Japan Media has created global campaigns from conception to activation for national tourism organizations, regional tourism organizations, international agencies, tour and travel companies, international lifestyle brands. We have worked as media communications consultants, media liasons and media relations experts for various visiting media to Japan and agencies needing assistants with clients. Our services include:
- PR and communications specializing in tourism, travel and lifestyle brands.
- Strategic planning, project management.
- Media Relations, Media Liason for print, video and social media publishers interested in visiting Japan.
- Logistics support, travel itinerary planning, general support.
Outdoor Japan TRAVELER Magazine is the first bilingual (English / Japanese) lifestyle publication focusing on travel, outdoors and active lifestyles in Japan. It features informative content on great activities and interesting destinations in Japan and around the Asia region, as well as exciting features, practical travel information and a mix of lifestyle, sports, races and events, cultural and environmental content.
The bilingual magazine allows readers the opportunity for cross-cultural communication. We’ve found our Japanese readers enjoy seeing their country through an international perspective, while English-speaking readers can gain insights from a Japanese viewpoint often missing in English publications in and about Japan. OJ contributors are a mix of Japan residents with expert local knowledge and professional writers and photographers providing a high standard of content for our readers.
Outdoor Japan TRAVELER has a four part mission:
- To provide inspiring, high quality content our readers want.
- To serve and support our advertisers and respond to their changing needs.
- To help support small companies in the outdoor/travel industry.
- To promote the beauty and diversity of Japan as a travel, cultural and adventure destination to the world.