Ise, Mie Prefecture
Tel: (0596)43-2074 >> Online Inquiry
Oishiya is a modern ryokan (traditional hotel) located in Futaminoura, a small beachside town within Ise Shima National Park. The famous Meoto-iwa, or the "Wedded Rocks," are right in front of the hotel. People have enjoyed watching the sunrise over these rocks since old times. Other nearby attractions include Ise Jingu (a grand Shinto shrine complex), Okage Yokocho (Edo-period townscape), Ise Azuchi Momoyama Bunkamura (Sengoku-period theme park) and Mikimoto Pearl Island (the home of Mikimoto pearls). The inside of the hotel including the halls is covered with tatami mats so that guests can walk around with bare feet like a real Japanese home.
- NameRyokan Oishiya
- Type of AccommodationRyokan
- Room TypeJapanese Only
- General Room InformationSome guest rooms are without bath or toilet. In-room safes are available. Please ask for details. Linen included.
- English Speaking Staff? Yes,We speak a little English.
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates Service charge and sales tax are included in the rates. Room rate does not include bathing tax of 150yen per person. Single guests are accepted with an additional fee of 6,000 yen For guests with 2 meals, non-smoking room can be provided depending on availability. (Smoking area is located in the lobby) In the case of reservations made directly with us, the following cancellation fees will apply: On the arrival day / No show: 50% of total accommodation fee. 1 to 3 days before your arrival date: 20% of total accommodation fee
- City / AreaIse, Mie Prefecture
- Nearest Train StationJR Futaminoura Station and the Futaminoura Omotesando bus stop (Mie Kotsu Bus).
- Minutes from StationIt takes 3 minutes to the hotel by car and 15 minutes on foot.
- Pick up service available? Yes.Free shuttle service is available from both stops. Call us when you arrive at the station.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Take Ise Expressway to Ise Exit. Then take Ise Futami Toba Line to Futami JCT and continue on Route 42. Oishiya is 3 minutes away. / Futami I.C.
- Nearest National RouteRoute 42
- Getting ThereNot Applicable
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsMeoto-iwa (the Wedded Rocks) Meteo-iwa located in front of the hotel are a couple of sacred rocks in the sea. The rope was attached to the rocks about 650 years ago. The best time to see the sunrise between the rocks is around 4:30am during the weeks before and after the summer solstice. Around the winter solstice, the full moon appears between them. Mt. Fuji can be seen from the site on a clear day. Ise Jingu (Ise Shrine) Ise Shrine is a complex of Shinto shrines, surrounded by the 800-year-old cypress forest. 15 minutes by car. Okage Yokocho After visiting the Ise Shrine, stop by Okage Yokocho to see the streets of Meiji Period. There are many gift shops and restaurants. 15 minutes by car. Located next to the Ise Shrine. Mikimoto Pearl Island Kokichi Mikimoto invented the cultured pearl on this island. Pearl Museum is located on the island. 15 minutes by car. Ama Divers Relatively many Ama divers can be seen in the neighboring towns of Toba and Shima. Ama divers are women and they dive over 10 meters without an air tank for Japanese shellfish. Today they are getting fewer due to aging and they have become tourist attractions. Ise Azuchi Momoyama Bunkamura Ise Azuchi Momoyama Bunkamura is a theme park about the culture and history of Sengoku (Warring States) Period. The main attractions include the golden Azuchi castle and Ninja house. 10 minutes by car. Futaminoura Beach Futaminoura Beach was established as the country's first bathing beach in 1882. Take a stroll along one of Japan's most beautiful coasts. 5 minutes on foot.
- ActivitiesIse Futami Golf Course Ise Futami Golf Course is a relatively flat course and the greens can be seen from the teeing grounds. The course is not too difficult for the beginner. The 16th hole offers a magnificent view of Ise Bay.
- Seasonal HighlightsNot Applicable
- OnsenNot Applicable
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes,Ise is famous for seafood. Our charbroiled seafood dinner is extremely popular among our guests. The dinner meal includes Awabi (abalone) in summer and Ise lobsters in winter. We have Western breakfast as well. If you prefer it, please mention it at the time of check-in. ・ Dinner reservations are accepted until noon on the day you arrive. ・ Fish meal can be changed to meat meal.
- Onsen Our baths are mineral hot springs, called “Kohsen” and offer beautiful views of Ise Bay. Have a relaxing soak and enjoy the fresh smell of wood. Indoor baths, outdoor baths and saunas are available. 2 free private baths are available as well. ・ Hours: 6:00am—9:30am and 3:00pm— 11:00pm
- Internet Not Applicable
- Laundry Facilities None
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Japanese banquet room, Internet access, Wheelchair friendly, Children friendly, Elevator, Free car park
- AddressNot Applicable
- FaxNot Applicable
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.oishiya.co.jp/english
- Contact NamePresident Mr. Masuda (増田社長)