Nanadaru Onsen, Kawazu
Tel: (0558) 35-7511 >> Online Inquiry
Welcome to Tsuribashi-so, a Japanese-style hot spring inn on the Izu Peninsula. Being one of the most popular Japanese resorts, Izu is famous for its green tea and onsen (natural hot springs). Come enjoy our home-grown "macha" (green tea) and 11 kinds of onsen baths. Tsuribashi-so is truly the place to experience Japanese culture. Special features at Tsuribashi-so include our popular private Green Tea Bath (macha bath / charges apply) and 10 other kinds of natural baths, all from deep underground natural reserves. To sit in a bath of Green Tea by a rushing mountain stream while drinking cold green tea is a great experience for everyone. While you are in the outdoor bath on the roof of the building you can hear the sound of the mountain stream or watch the sunrise over the mountains, which is also breathtaking.
- Type of AccommodationOnsen Ryokan
- Room TypeJapanese Only
- General Room InformationWe have 15 (J)-style room: (for 2, 3, 4 persons) and all rooms are en-suite. large public bath, banquet hall, shop, vending machine, karaoke, video game room, air-conditioning, TV, safe and telephone. We also provide bath towel, hand towel, toothbrush, yukata (light Japanese robe), as well as tea and snacks.
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.Okami (The manager's wife) is able to speak English. Please ask her any questions while your stay at Tsuribashi-so.
- Other Languages SpokenNone
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates ￥5,000 - ￥10,000
￥10,000 - ￥20,000
- City / AreaNanadaru Onsen, Kawazu
- Nearest Train StationKawazu Station, Izu Kyuko Line
- Minutes from Station10min by car from Kawazu Station
- Pick up service available? Yes.Free shuttle service from Kawazu Station available between 3-5PM. To order it, please call the hotel directly on the date of your check-in. Please allow 15min to come to pick you up at the station.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Tomei Kosoku Expressway - Odawara Atsugi Road / Odawara Interchange (off the Odawara Atsugi Road)
- Nearest National RouteRoute 135
- Getting There(By Train) From Tokyo: Take Express Train Odoriko-go. 2 hrs and 20 min. to Kawazu Station on Izu-kyuko Line. 15 min. taxi ride from the station. From Nagoya: Take JR Tokaido Shinkansen (Bullet Train) to Atami Station. Take Izu-kyuko Line to Kawazu Station. 15 min. taxi ride from the station. (By Car) From Tokyo: Take Tome Expressway (West) to Atsugi via Odawara-Atsugi Road. From Odawara, go south on Route135 for Shimoda bound. Take right at Kawazu. It is about 10min from the intersection. Or, Take Tomei Expressway (West) to Numazu Exit. Drive on Routes 135 and then on 414, via Shuzenji and Amagi-toge. About 70 min. from the exit. From Nagoya: Take Tomei Kosoku Expressway (East) to Numazu Exit. Drive on Routes 135 and then on 414, via Shuzenji and Amagi-toge. About 70 min. from the exit.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel Highlights1. Kawazu Nanadaru Waterfalls Kawazu Nanadaru Waterfalls are made up of seven waterfalls: Odaru (Grand Waterfall), Shokei-daru, Kani-daru, Kama-daru, Ebi-daru (Shrimp Waterfall), Deai-daru and Hebi-daru (Snake Waterfall). Around Kawazu Nanadaru Waterfalls, well-formed columnar rocks can be found. 2. Lake Haccho-ike Lake Haccho-ike is the crater lake of 1170-meter high Mount Amagi. The name 'Haccho' originates from the distance around the lake, which is about 870 meters. The lake is also known as the home of rare Moriao frogs. 3. Old Amagi Tunnel The Old Amagi Tunnel is the longest stone tunnel in Japan. The construction took 13 years and it was completed in 1905. It was the main tunnel connecting Mishima and Shimoda areas. The tunnel appears in the world-famous novel 'Izu Dancer' by Kawabata Yasunari. 4. Loop-style Suspension Bridge The Kawazu Loop Bridge is located on Route 414 near the entrance of Nanadaru/Odaru Onsen and has 45 meters high. This was constructed to withstand earthquakes. Crossing the loop-style suspension bridge to get to it at night is fun although a little scary for you.
- ActivitiesThere are many routes that you can enjoy trekking and waking in the Kawazu area as there are many mountains and a river with several small falls.
- Seasonal HighlightsKawazu Sakura Early Cherry Blossom from mid Feb. to early March. Make sure to book your room in advance as this events are very famoust among Japanese guests.
- OnsenWe have various onsen baths. Tsuribashi-so offers 11 different kinds of onsen (hot spring) baths for your complete relaxation. All baths are filled with the hot water of Kawazu Nanadaru Onsen Hot Spring. Having a low mineral content, it's easy on the body and helps relieve pains and recover fatigue. Don't miss trying our special Green Tea Bath. With the highest quality powdered green tea, we prepare the green tea bath as you watch. The bath is called "mattcha buro" in Japanese. Enjoy a relaxing soak in the beautiful, calm outdoor setting. Duration: 50 minutes Price: 5,250 yen for two guests or more Note: This bath is available only on private basis. Free cold green tea is offered after bath.
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes.If you wish Japanese dinner, please make sure to contact us 2 days or more in advance. Standard dinner is 2000yen per person.
- Onsen Yes.Tsuribashi-so offers 11 different kinds of onsen (hot spring) baths for your complete relaxation. Both private (at charge) and public baths (free) available.
- Internet Not Applicable
- Laundry Facilities Not Applicable
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Banquet rooms, lift, souvenir shop, Japanese tea lounge, Japanese garden.
- Address433-2 Nashimoto, Kawazu-cho, Kamo-gun, Shizuoka Prefecture
- Telephone(0558) 35-7511
- Fax(0558) 35-7686
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.tsuribashiso.com/english/index.html
- Contact NameMs. Ohshio (Okami: the manager)