Tel: (0558)22-1000 (Intern... >> Online Inquiry
Shimoda Yamato is a ryokan (Japanese style inn) located on the oceanfront of beautiful Tatado Beach in Shimoda City, Shizuoka Prefecture. Shimoda is located on the tip of Izu Peninsula, blessed with greenery, hot springs, waters and splendid scenery. Shimoda played a significant role in 1854 as its port welcomed Commodore Perry’s Black Ships from USA. Every suite has the magnificent view of the white sandy beach - a surfer’s paradise as well as one of the best swimming spots. If you are hesitating a bit for the traditional Japanese style experience, the Western style room and dining are also available. Spend a memorable resort time by relaxing in our variety of hot springs and enjoying the luxurious fresh seafood cuisine. It is also known to be a sister ryokan of Ito Yamatokan and Seizan Yamato, both located in Ito.
- NameShimoda Yamatokan
- Type of AccommodationOnsen Ryokan
- Room TypeJapanese / Western
- General Room InformationAll rooms are accommodated with a private balcony, bath and toilet, each with a spectacular view of Tatado Beach. Some rooms also have a ceramic or cypress rotenburo (outdoor bath). Western style rooms are also available. Rooms are fully equipped with a refrigerator, mini bar, complimentary tea, hair dryer and toiletries. Baby beds are available on request.
- English Speaking Staff? Yes,We speak a bit of English.
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates *Prices are for off-peak season. These rates do not apply for the periods between December 28 - January 3 and April 29 - May 6, July 16 – August 30. Please contact us for rates during these dates. *Service charge and sales tax are included in the rates. *Room rate includes bathing tax. *Check in time 2PM (As of April 2006, check in time 3PM) *Check out time 10AM (As of April 2006, check out time 11AM)
- City / AreaShimoda, Izu
- Nearest Train StationIzukyu Shimoda Station
- Minutes from StationIt takes about 5-7 minutes by car.
- Pick up service available? Yes.Free shuttle service is available to pick you up. It waits outside at the right-hand side of the station every 30 minutes between 2:30PM and 5PM. On your departure day, it can also deliver you to the station at 9AM, 9:30AM and 10:15AM.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Tomei or Shonan / From Tokyo/Yokohama: Ito Exit / From Nagoya: Ito Exit
- Nearest National RouteRoute 135
- Getting ThereFrom Tokyo: Take Kodama bullet train to Atami for 55 minutes, and then change over to JR Ito-sen Line to Ito for 30 minutes. Finally, take the Izu-kyu Express Train to Shimoda for 60 minutes. OR Take the "Odoriko" Limited Express Train to Shimoda for 2.5 hours. From Kansai area: From Nagoya, take Kodama bullet train to Atami for 1 hour 50 minutes. Then change over to JR Ito-sen Line to Ito for 30 minutes. Finally, take the Izu-kyu Express Train to Shimoda for 60 minutes. From Tokyo: Take Tomei Expressway to Atsugi IC for 25 minutes. Then take Koatsu Expressway to Odawara for 35 minutes and continue on Route 135 to Shimoda for 1 hour 50 minutes. OR From Yokohama: Take Shonan Expressway to Odawara for 50 minutes and continue on Route 135 to Shimoda for 1 hour 50 minutes. From Nagoya: Take Tomei Expressway to Numazu IC for 2 hours, then to Shuzenji for 40 minutes. Finally, continue further
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsMonument Commemorating Perry’s Landing In 1854, Shimoda port welcomed Perry’s Black Ships from USA. To commemorate their landing and the first opening of a port in Japan, a monument has been established at the bottom of Shimoda Park which is the ground on which Perry and his men first set foot in Japan. “Namako-kabe” Wall Houses Feel nostalgia when you encounter unique looking old residences of 200 years old with gray walls of square tiles linked with raised plaster. These are known as “namako-kabe” walls and are common to Shimoda. Shimoda Aquarium Visit the world’s first aquarium that floats on water. The floating dome called Perry Aqua Dome genuinely captures the underwater world of Izu Peninsula. It is the home of more than 5000 fish of 50 varieties.
- ActivitiesNot Applicable
- Seasonal HighlightsNot Applicable
- OnsenNot Applicable
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes,Breakfast and dinner are served in either your room or dining room. Experience the sumptuous banquet of seasonal local seafood from Shimoda waters through our traditional Japanese-style course. You may also want to choose extra dishes from the menu including Ise-ebi (Japanese lobster) sashimi, abalone and shellfish. We have Western breakfast as well. Please let us know your preference at least 2 days in advance.
- Onsen Yes,The 5th floor of our ryokan is an 82m floor entirely set aside for baths. Our baths use natural hot spring from Myorenji in Shimoda. We have 3 types of baths of each Western and Japanese styles. After your bath, cool off at our lounge with massage chairs. We also have a foot bath established next to our swimming pool. Western style baths: (1) large bath Hours: For women – 2PM to 12AM (midnight) / For men – 2:30AM to 10:30AM (2) Jacuzzi Hours: For women – 2PM to 12AM (midnight) / For men – 5AM to 10:30AM (3) outdoor bath: Hours: For women – 2PM to 12AM (midnight) / For men – 5AM to 10:30AM Japanese style baths: (1) cypress bath Hours: For women – 2:30AM to 10:30AM / For men - 2PM to 12AM (midnight) stone bath Hours: For women – 2:30AM to 10:30AM / For men – 2PM to 12AM (midnight) (2) outdoor bath Hours: For women – 5AM to 10:30AM (midnight) / For men – 2PM to 12AM (midnight)
- Internet Yes PC and free internet.
- Laundry Facilities Not Applicable
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Japanese restaurant, Bar lounge, Coffee shop, Conference room, Banquet rooms (large and small), Dining room, Swimming pool, Tennis courts, Free car park, Vending machine, Shop, PC and free Internet connection in the Lobby lounge, Children friendly
- AddressNot Applicable
- Telephone(0558)22-1000 (International +81-558-22-1000)
- FaxNot Applicable
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.shimoda-yamatokan.co.jp
- Contact NameMai Mizuguchi