Tel: (0558)22-1000 (Intern... >> Online Inquiry
Shimoda Yamato is a ryokan (Japanese style inn) located on the oceanfront of beautiful Tatado Beach in Shimoda City, Shizuoka Prefecture. Shimoda is located on the tip of Izu Peninsula, blessed with greenery, hot springs, waters and splendid scenery. Shimoda played a significant role in 1854 as its port welcomed Commodore Perry’s Black Ships from USA. Every suite has the magnificent view of the white sandy beach - a surfer’s paradise as well as one of the best swimming spots. If you are hesitating a bit for the traditional Japanese style experience, the Western style room and dining are also available. Spend a memorable resort time by relaxing in our variety of hot springs and enjoying the luxurious fresh seafood cuisine. It is also known to be a sister ryokan of Seizan Yamato, it's located in Ito City.
- NameShimoda Yamatokan
- Type of AccommodationOnsen Ryokan
- Room TypeJapanese / Western
- General Room InformationAlmost all rooms are accommodated with a private balcony, bath and toilet, each with a spectacular view of Tatado Beach. Some rooms also have a ceramic or cypress rotenburo (outdoor bath). Western style rooms are also available. Rooms are fully equipped with a refrigerator, complimentary tea, hair dryer and toiletries. Baby futon-mat are available on request (500yen).
- English Speaking Staff? Yes,We speak a bit of English.
- Other Languages SpokenNo
- City / AreaShimoda, Izu
- Nearest Train StationIzukyu Shimoda Station
- Minutes from StationIt takes about 6-7 minutes by car.
- Pick up service available? Free shuttle service is available to pick you up. It waits outside at the right-hand side of the station every 30 minutes between 2:30PM and 5PM. On your departure day, it can also deliver you to the station at 9AM to 11:30AM every 30 mins.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Tomei Highway/Odawara Atsugi highway / Atsugi IC
- Nearest National RouteRoute 136
- Getting ThereFrom Tokyo: Take Kodama bullet train to Atami for 55 minutes, and then change over to JR Ito-sen Line to Ito for 30 minutes. Finally, take the Izu-kyu Express Train to Shimoda for 60 minutes. OR Take the "Odoriko" Limited Express Train to Shimoda for 2.5 hours. From Kansai area: From Nagoya, take Kodama bullet train to Atami for 1 hour 50 minutes. Then change over to JR Ito-sen Line to Ito for 30 minutes. Finally, take the Izu-kyu Express Train to Shimoda for 60 minutes. From Tokyo: Take Tomei Expressway to Atsugi IC for 25 minutes. Then take Koatsu Expressway to Odawara for 35 minutes and continue on Route 135 to Shimoda for 1 hour 50 minutes. OR From Yokohama: Take Shonan Expressway to Odawara for 50 minutes and continue on Route 135 to Shimoda for 1 hour 50 minutes. From Nagoya: Take Tomei Expressway to Numazu IC for 2 hours, then to Shuzenji for 40 minutes. Finally, continue further
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- AddressNot Applicable
- Telephone(0558)22-1000 (International +81-558-22-1000)
- FaxNot Applicable
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.shimoda-yamatokan.co.jp
- Contact NameMai Mizuguchi