Tel: (0558)22-1000 (Intern... >> Online Inquiry
Shimoda Yamato is a ryokan (Japanese style inn) located on the oceanfront of beautiful Tatado Beach in Shimoda City, Shizuoka Prefecture. Shimoda is located on the tip of Izu Peninsula, blessed with greenery, hot springs, waters and splendid scenery. Shimoda played a significant role in 1854 as its port welcomed Commodore Perry’s Black Ships from USA. Every suite has the magnificent view of the white sandy beach - a surfer’s paradise as well as one of the best swimming spots. If you are hesitating a bit for the traditional Japanese style experience, the Western style room and dining are also available. Spend a memorable resort time by relaxing in our variety of hot springs and enjoying the luxurious fresh seafood cuisine. It is also known to be a sister ryokan of Seizan Yamato, it's located in Ito City.
- NameShimoda Yamatokan
- Type of AccommodationOnsen Ryokan
- Room TypeJapanese / Western
- General Room InformationAlmost all rooms are accommodated with a private balcony, bath and toilet, each with a spectacular view of Tatado Beach. Some rooms also have a ceramic or cypress rotenburo (outdoor bath). Western style rooms are also available. Rooms are fully equipped with a refrigerator, complimentary tea, hair dryer and toiletries. Baby futon-mat are available on request (500yen).
- English Speaking Staff? Yes,We speak a bit of English.
- Other Languages SpokenNo
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates Under ￥5,000
￥5,000 - ￥10,000
￥10,000 - ￥20,000
￥20,000 - ￥30,000
Over ￥ 30,000
Price will be different With no meal, with breakfast, with dinner, with dinner and breakfast, standard room, with the private open-air bath, wide room etc.
- City / AreaShimoda, Izu
- Nearest Train StationIzukyu Shimoda Station
- Minutes from StationIt takes about 6-7 minutes by car.
- Pick up service available? Free shuttle service is available to pick you up. It waits outside at the right-hand side of the station every 30 minutes between 2:30PM and 5PM. On your departure day, it can also deliver you to the station at 9AM to 11:30AM every 30 mins.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Tomei Highway/Odawara Atsugi highway / Atsugi IC
- Nearest National RouteRoute 136
- Getting ThereFrom Tokyo: Take Kodama bullet train to Atami for 55 minutes, and then change over to JR Ito-sen Line to Ito for 30 minutes. Finally, take the Izu-kyu Express Train to Shimoda for 60 minutes. OR Take the "Odoriko" Limited Express Train to Shimoda for 2.5 hours. From Kansai area: From Nagoya, take Kodama bullet train to Atami for 1 hour 50 minutes. Then change over to JR Ito-sen Line to Ito for 30 minutes. Finally, take the Izu-kyu Express Train to Shimoda for 60 minutes. From Tokyo: Take Tomei Expressway to Atsugi IC for 25 minutes. Then take Koatsu Expressway to Odawara for 35 minutes and continue on Route 135 to Shimoda for 1 hour 50 minutes. OR From Yokohama: Take Shonan Expressway to Odawara for 50 minutes and continue on Route 135 to Shimoda for 1 hour 50 minutes. From Nagoya: Take Tomei Expressway to Numazu IC for 2 hours, then to Shuzenji for 40 minutes. Finally, continue further
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsMonument Commemorating Perry’s Landing. In 1854, Shimoda port welcomed Perry’s Black Ships from USA. To commemorate their landing and the first opening of a port in Japan, a monument has been established at the bottom of Shimoda Park which is the ground on which Perry and his men first set foot in Japan. “Namako-kabe” Wall Houses Feel nostalgia when you encounter unique looking old residences of 200 years old with gray walls of square tiles linked with raised plaster. These are known as “namako-kabe” walls and are common to Shimoda. Shimoda Aquarium Visit the world’s first aquarium that floats on water. The floating dome called Perry Aqua Dome genuinely captures the underwater world of Izu Peninsula. It is the home of more than 5000 fish of 50 varieties.
- ActivitiesMarine sports(Surfing,Sea kayak, Fishing, Diving),Paradlider,Biketrip,Tree climing,etc.
- Seasonal Highlights20th Dec.-31th Jan.-Narcissus flower festestival 5th Feb.-10th Mar.-"Kawazu Sakura" cherry flower festival. End of Mar. to first of Apr.-"Sakura" cherry flower festival Middle of May to middle of Apr.-Pinwheel festival 10th to 31th May-American Jasmine festival Third fri.to sun.-Black ship festival 1-30th Jun.-Hydrangea Festival Jun.&Aug.-Open 7 beaches First sat.& sun.-Big Shower Marine Festival 20th Oct. to 30th Nov.-Persimmon, Mandarin orange hunting First sun of Dec. to middle of Jan.-Aloe festival
- OnsenNot Applicable
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes,Breakfast and dinner are served in either your room or dining room. Experience the sumptuous banquet of seasonal local seafood from Shimoda waters through our traditional Japanese-style course. You may also want to choose extra dishes from the menu including Ise-ebi (Japanese lobster) sashimi, abalone and shellfish. We have Western breakfast as well. Please let us know your preference at least 2 days in advance.
- Onsen Yes,The 5th floor of our ryokan is an 82m floor entirely set aside for baths. Our baths use natural hot spring from Myorenji in Shimoda. We have 3 types of baths of each Western and Japanese styles. After your bath, cool off at our lounge with massage chairs. We also have a foot bath at our swimming pool. *Japanese style public bath and
- Internet Yes PC and free internet.
- Laundry Facilities Not Applicable
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Japanese restaurant, Bar lounge, Coffee shop, Conference room, Banquet rooms (large and small), Dining room, Swimming pool, Tennis courts, Free car park, Vending machine, Shop, PC and free Internet connection in the Lobby lounge, Children friendly
- AddressNot Applicable
- Telephone(0558)22-1000 (International +81-558-22-1000)
- FaxNot Applicable
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.shimoda-yamatokan.co.jp
- Contact NameMai Mizuguchi