Tel: 0558-22-8080 >> Online Inquiry
Longing to spread your arms wide and replenish yourself? Enjoy an extending ocean view and a welcoming atmosphere at Gardenvilla Shirahama. Located in the southern part of Izu peninsula we are proud to introduce you a rich environment for surfing, sea kayaking, fishing, diving, walking and all sorts of outdoor activities around sea. 7 min. walk to the most famous Shirahama beach and 8 min. drive to the Shimoda city.
- NameGardenvilla Shirahama
- Type of AccommodationPension
- Room TypeJapanese / Western
- General Room Information6 ocean view twin bedrooms (for 2 persons) 4 non-ocean view twin bedooms (for 2 persons) 2 ocean view double bedrooms (for 2 persons) 1 ocean view Japanese + western room (for 4 persons) 1 ocean view triple bedrooms (for 2 persons) 1 ocean view cottage type room with kitchen (for 6 persons) 1 non ocean view Japanese room (for 2 persons) * one extra bed can be added to each room * room facilities: private bathroom, refrigerator, TV, Japanese style pyjamas, shampoo, soap, tooth brush, towels
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.owner and his daughter speak English, his wife understands English
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates ￥5,000 - ￥10,000
￥10,000 - ￥20,000
B & B ¥7,900 B & B with dinner ¥11,100 dinner: Local Izu food dinner or BBQ (summer only) bed only ¥6,900 We have seasonal price during summer, Goldenweek, New Year)
- City / AreaShimoda
- Nearest Train StationIzukyu Shimoda (Izukyu Line)
- Minutes from Station7 minutes by car, 10 min. by bus
- Pick up service available? Yes.3:00-5:30 (off season only) Please call us when you get to Shimoda station.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Tomei Expressway / Numazu IC
- Nearest National RouteRoute 135
- Getting ThereBy train: Get off at Izukyu Shimoda, (the terminal station of Izukyu) Line. Take a bus bound for Shirahama Beach, get off at "Itami" bus stop. -From Tokyo: Izukyu Odoriko (2h40min.) or Shinkansen to Atami and transfer to JR Ito Line and at Ito, transfer to Izukyu Line (2h 20min.) -From Nagoya: Shinkansen to Atami and transfer to JR Ito Line and at Ito, transfer to Izukyu Line (3h30min.) By car We are located along the route 135. 700m from Shirahama Beach. -From Tokyo: about 3h30min. Take Tomei Expressway to Atsugi IC, transfer to Odawara Atsugi Drive to Odawara, transfer to route 135 head to Shimoda -From Nagoya: about 5 hours Take Tomei Expressway to Numazu IC transfer to route 136 to Shuzenji, transfer to route 414 to Shimoda
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel Highlights-Historic track of Shimoda Town (7 min. drive) -Shirahama Beach (7 min. walk) -Shimoda Sea Aquarium (15 min. drive)
- Activities-Swimming, surfing in Shirahama Beach (7 min. walk) -Fishing (5 min. walk or Shimoda harbor 15 min. drive) -Hiking in Tsumekizaki (15 min. drive) -Sea kayaking in Sotoura Beach (5 min. drive) -BBQ in Gardenvilla Shirahama (summer only)
- Seasonal HighlightsJan: narsicus blooms in Tsumekizaki (about 30 hundreds flowers). Feb: Kawazu Sakura Festival, early sakura blooms. Beautiful contrast with yellow "Nano Hana" Blossoms (rape blossoms). May: "Black Ship Festival" Fri. to Sun. of 3rd week every year. June: Hydrangea fills up Shimoda Park. July: "Ocean Day" fire works in Shirahama Beach
- OnsenKanaya Onsen: close to Shimoda town (15 min. drive). Kannon Onsen: famous for its quality of alkaline water (30 min. drive).
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes.Breakfast: western style Dinner: local Izu Dining or BBQ (summer only) A reservation is required for dinner.
- Onsen Yes.Gardnervilla has a scenic Outdoor Bath ( not an Onsen). Reservations for Outdoor Bath can be made at the check in counter.
- Internet Yes.Complimentary internet is available in lobby. Internet connection is also available for rooms.
- Laundry Facilities Yes.Complimentary washing machine without dryer is available.
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Outside spa (throughout the year) Outside swimming pool (7m wide) is open in summer. Free tea and coffee service in dining room. 2 terraces: one pool side, one for BBQ owner's garden with bananas but not yet completed fishing rod for beginners, rental for ¥500
- EmailNot Applicable
- Web sitehttp://www.gardenvilla.jp
- Contact NameMariko Takarada