Tel: +81-576-25-3121 >> Online Inquiry
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
Ogawaya is a traditional Japanese-style hotel nestled in the heart of Gero Onsen (hot spring). Gero Onsen has long been one of Japan’s most popular onsen resorts attracting many onsen fans. We have both indoor and outdoor onsen and two private onsen for families. Our onsen is 100% natural onsen. The full view of the Hida River can be enjoyed while soaking in the outdoor onsen. The surrounding nature and our soothing onsen will sure bring you to comfort.
- Type of AccommodationRyokan
- Room TypeJapanese / Western
- General Room InformationAll the guest rooms are clean, cozy Japanese-style en-suite rooms. There is one barrier-free room which is a western-style room. Guests can command the view of the Hida river by opening the guest room’s shoji (Japanese-style paper sliding-door).
- English Speaking Staff? Not Applicable
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates ￥5,000 - ￥10,000
￥10,000 - ￥20,000
- City / AreaGero Onsen
- Nearest Train StationJR Gero Onsen
- Minutes from StationAbout 8 minutes on foot.
- Pick up service available? . Free shuttle service is provided upon request during 12:30PM - 5:30PM.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Chuo Expressway / Nakatsugawa IC
- Nearest National RouteRoute 257
- Getting ThereFrom Nagoya About 1 hour and 30 minutes by JR Takayama Line. From Osaka About 1 hour to Nagoya. From Nagoya, about 1 hour and 30 minutes by JR Takayama Line.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsGassho Village: A traditional-style village with 10 thatched-roofed, gasshō-zukuri (hands-in-prayer) houses. These houses were originally part of Shirakawago but were relocated to Gero Onsen. At "Mingei-no sato", visitors can experience traditional handicrafts, old-style food and footbaths. The old folk museum, Komainu museum, Onsen-ji Temple, Zensho-ji TeTemple, Gero museum of Hot Spring. Zenshoji Temple: It has ancient and honorable origins. It is noted for its garden and teahouse that were established by famous ceremonial tea master, Munechika Kanamori. Onsen Museum: A unique museum featuring a great deal of information on hot springs. The museum explains the healing and therapeutic benefits of onsen. Displayed at the museum are about four thousand items, including literature and academic journals. Local bathhouses: There are several public onsen (no entrance fee) and large onsen facilities. A Western-style bathhouse built in the Taisho era is also available. For more information and for directions to the bathhouses and facilities, please ask at the front desk.
- ActivitiesNot Applicable
- Seasonal HighlightsNot Applicable
- OnsenThere are various public onsen (no entrance fee) and large onsen facilities.
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes.Gourmet dinner is available upon request which is highly recommended in order to fully appreciate the experience at a traditional Japanese hotel! We offer kaiseki courses using the local seasonal food such as Hida beef and Hida soba.
- Onsen Yes.We have both indoor and outdoor onsen and also two private onsen for families. Our onsen is 100% natural hot springs.
- Internet Not Applicable
- Laundry Facilities Not Applicable
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Our facilities include onsen(indoor, outdoor and private), souvenir shop, cafe, banquet rooms, meeting rooms, ping-pong table, mah-jong room and restaurants.
- Address570 Yunoshima, Gero-shi, Gifu 509-2207
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.gero-ogawaya.net/english
- Contact NameMs. Kataoka