Tel: In Japan (0577) 32-08... >> Online Inquiry
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
Minshuku Sosuke is a delightful 13-room minshuku about 8 minutes' walk from Takayama station. The location offers quick and easy access to all main local places of interest. The building is 170 years old and the interior has been completely renovated. It used to be a farmers house and in the lounge there is an old fire place with a hearth called an irori. The atmosphere is authentically Japanese, and will bring you true peace of mind.
- NameMinshuku Sosuke
- Type of AccommodationGuesthouse
- Room TypeJapanese Only
- General Room Information13 Japanese style rooms without bath. Rooms have TV, air conditioner and yukata (Cotton kimono), face towel
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.There are staff members who can speak English.
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates ￥5,000 - ￥10,000
Room with dinner and breakfast: ¥7,500 Room and Breakfast (no dinner): ¥5,500 yen (All without 5% tax) Room charge: ¥4,800 Dinner : ¥2,000 Breakfast :¥700 (All without 5% tax) Takayama Festival : April 14 & 15 / Oct. 9 & 10 Oct. *Per person per night: ¥9,000 with 2 meals New Year Holiday Dec. 30 to Jan. 3 Golden Week Apr. 28 - May 5 Obon Holiday: Aug.13-16 *Per person per night: ¥8,500 with 2 meals
- City / AreaTakayama
- Nearest Train StationJR Takayama Line Takayama station
- Minutes from StationIt takes about 8 minutes on foot.
- Pick up service available? Not Applicable
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Toukai Hokuriku Expressway/Chuo Expressway / (Tokai Hokuriku Expressway) Hida Kiyomi I.C.,
- Nearest National RouteRoute 41 and Route 158
- Getting ThereFrom the cross road of R41 & R158, go along R158 to the Takayama station. (About 500m) From Takayama station Go south along the road and go west on R158 for 500m.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsSet deep within the mountains of Gifu Prefecture, Takayama has been called the "Little Kyoto." Its temples, shrines, festivals and rivers are indeed reminiscent of Kyoto of old, but Takayama has delights that even Kyoto cannot match. It's an intimate, leisurely place with a rustic charm. Takayama is famous for its spring and autumn festivals that are held in April and October. If you cannot make it to one of the festivals, you can visit the Festival Floats Exhibition Hall with a colorful display of four of the eleven floats used in the fall festival procession. Takayama contains old streets and buildings that are remarkably untouched by the passage of time. The traditional homes of Takayama merchants and sake brewers, have been preserved in almost exactly the same state as 200 or 300 years ago.
- ActivitiesMt. Norikura, a dormant volcano soaring to over 3,000 meters, is a popular nearby outdoor destination. The Norikura skyline road takes you to by a spectacular vantage point of Tatamidaira. From there buses connect you to famous hot spring resorts such as Hirayu and Shin-Hotaka. From Shin-Hotaka, a 3,200 meter long stretch of ropeway provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Japan Alps. A bus can take you from Hirayu to the rocky splendor of the Kamikochi valley in about an hour. It's one of Japan's most famous hiking areas. Bus Travel Times ◊ Takayama to Hirayu Onsen: 50 minutes ◊ Hirayu Onsen to Kamikochi: 1 hour ◊ Takayama to Norikura: 1 hour 40 minutes Within one hour from Sosuke is Hida-Takayama Ski Resort and Mondews Ski Resort. Also nearby: Kamikochi, Norikura, Hirayu Onsen, Shin-Hotaka Onsen, Matsukura, Mt. Shiroyama, Mt. Kuraiyama. River fishing in mountain streams in summer.
- Seasonal HighlightsTakayama Festival: 14th and 15th April. 9th and 10th Oct. Sakura season in the middle of Arpil. Autum color season in the middle of Oct.
- OnsenThere are some hot spring near Sosuke. we provice the optional Onsen Tour including an-hour- hiking and a rockbed saunna. Rate per person: 4500 yen. It is closed Thursdays. Please make a reservation in advance
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes.Dinner: ¥2,000 yen Breakfast : ¥700 yen We now offer vegetarian meals for breakfast and Japanese dinner. Please let us know you would like to have a vegetarian meals when you make a reservation.
- Onsen There are some hot spring near Sosuke. we provide the optional Onsen Tour including an-hour- hiking and a rock-bed saunna. Rate per person: 4500 yen. It is closed Thursdays. Please make a reservation in advance
- Internet Not Applicable
- Laundry Facilities There is a Laundromat near here, but we don’t have one.
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Tooth brush and shave kit are available for ¥200. Large towel also available for rent for ¥200.
- AddressNot Applicable
- TelephoneIn Japan (0577) 32-0818 Mobile: 090-4081-9773 International: +81 (577) 32-0818 , +81-90-4081-9
- FaxIn Japan (0577) 32-0818 International: +81 (577) 32-0818
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.irori-sosuke.com
- Contact NameMrs. Keiko Tamai