Tel: 0263-93-1688 >> Online Inquiry
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
NORTHSTAR outdoor adventures is an international outdoor sports lodge in Norikura. We provide a uniqe experience balanced between intense adventure and peaceful reflection.Our instructors are quality, our food is good. Wehike, ike, snowboard, ski, rock climb. Can you handle the ride?
- Type of AccommodationLodge
- Room TypeJapanese / Western
- General Room InformationJapanese Tatami style (4-6people): 5 rooms Western bank bed styele (4, 8 people): 3 rooms:
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.Almost all staff can speak English.
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates ￥5,000 - ￥10,000
7800yen per person for 1 night loding with dinner and breakfast. Also we have variety of outdoor activities. Please caheck us at "Outdoor Operators.
- City / AreaMatsumoto, Norikura-Kogen
- Nearest Train StationShin-shimashima
- Minutes from Station45 minutes
- Pick up service available? Yes.1500 yen/one way from Matsumoto station. 1000yen/one way from Shin-1shimashima station.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Nagano-dou / Matsumoto IC
- Nearest National RouteR158
- Getting ThereChuo-Express way to Nagano Express way via Okaya JCT. Take Matsumoto IC exit and take R158 toward to Kamikochi/Takayama. After 50 minutes driving take turn left at Maekawado intersection toward Norikura-Kogen. After 10 minutes dirving take turn left at the intersection of the sign, lodge #20. About 100m down on the left from there. http://www.ridenorthstar.com/about/location/access/
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsNORTHSTAR is located in Norikura Kogen [ highland ], 1500 meters up the mountain. We are part of The Japan Northern Alps National Park. We are situated in central Honshu within 1 hour of Matsumoto and Takayama, 2-6 hours of major cities [ Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, Toyama, Niigata, Nagano, Matsumoto, and more. MT. NORIKURA Mt. Norikura is one of the younger volcanoes in the Northern Alps. It has several peaks, but the highest is 3026m [ Kengamine ]. You can shuttle guests to an elevation of 2700m [ Tatamidaira ] by bus or taxi. Public cars are not allowed access to the skyline road. Individuals must travel by bus or taxi. The road to the top is open from July 1st until the end of October. On the ridge there are snow fields, flower garden, and caldera lakes. We also use this area for rock climbing.
- ActivitiesNORIKURA KOGEN SKI AREA We use the ski resort almost every day in the winter season. It is a short 10 minute walk to the chair lifts, and a quick car drive to the center of the resort. For green season, Norikura is the mecca of road bike hill climb. We also offer vaiety of outdoor acitivities, such as MTB, river hiking, rock climbing, trail running, etc.
- Seasonal HighlightsSakura: May Norikura Mt. opening fes.: May Coloed Leaves: Sep-Oct
- OnsenONSEN [ HOT SPRING ] NORTHSTAR’s baths are not Onsen water, but we have an Onsen that is a 3 minute walk away. There are several Onsen baths close by: Yukemurikan [ ¥600 ], Seseraginoyu [ free ], Kyukamura Onsen [ ¥500 ]. Please talk to our front desk for discounted tickets to Yukemurikan.
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes.Mainly western style meals
- Onsen Not Applicable
- Internet Yes.Wirless LAN
- Laundry Facilities Not Applicable
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Indoor climbing wall, Game room(ping pon table, air hocky, MTB bike park(summer), Snowboard Park(winter)
- AddressNot Applicable
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.ridenorthstar.com
- Contact NameKen Yamaguchi