Tel: (0269)33-3508 (Intern... >> Online Inquiry
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
Hotel Tsubakino is a modern ryokan (traditional hotel) located in Yudanaka Onsen, a small town famous for hot springs and surrounded by the most beautiful mountains of Nagano. Not far from the hotel, Jigokudani, or Hell's Valley, may be the only place on earth where you can see wild monkeys bathe in their own hot springs. About 250 monkeys live near the Jigokudani Monkey Park where they are fed in the wild and lounge in the hot baths from late autumn until early spring. Shiga Kogen ski resorts are also nearby. Hotel Tsubakino offers both modern convenience and traditional Japanese atmosphere. Enjoy a spectacular view of the northern Japanese Alps while soaking in our outdoor baths and a great selection of Japanese food at our restaurant. Hotel Tsubakino is a perfect place for your stay in Nagano. Unlike any other ryokan, our staff will not enter your room unless absolutely necessary. Please hang a sign on your door if you wish us to put away your futons, or hang the "do not disturb" sign if you wish not to be bothered.
- NameHotel Tsubakino
- Type of AccommodationHotel
- Room TypeJapanese / Western
- General Room InformationModern Japanese-style. 27 guest rooms. All rooms include bath and toilet.
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.English speaking staff limited.
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates ￥10,000 - ￥20,000
￥5,000 - ￥10,000
Holiday rates apply on the following dates: January 1-3, May 3-5, August 13-15, and December 30-31. All rates are per person and breakfast is included. Tax is included. Dinner: 6300yen, Japanese food only
- City / AreaHirao, Yamanouchi
- Nearest Train StationYudanaka Station, (the last stop on Nagano Dentetsu)
- Minutes from Station3-minute walk
- Pick up service available? Not Applicable
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Joshinetsu Expressway or Nagano Expressway / Shinshu Nakano I.C.
- Nearest National RouteRoute 292
- Getting ThereBy Train From Tokyo: Take JR Shinkansen Asama (Bullet Train) to Nagano (about 1.5 hours). From JR Nagano Station, take Nagano Dentetsu Train to the last stop, Yudanaka Station (45 minutes by express). 3 minute walk to the hotel. From Nagoya: Take JR Express "Shinano" on Chuo Line to Nagano (about 3 hours). From JR Nagano Station, take Nagano Dentetsu Train to the last stop, Yudanaka Station (45 minutes by express). 3 minute walk to the hotel. From Osaka: Take JR Tokaido Shinkansen (Bullet Train) to Nagoya, and then take JR Express "Shinano" on Chuo Line to Nagano (about 4 hours). From JR Nagano Station, take Nagano Dentetsu Train to the last stop, Yudanaka Station (45 minutes by express). 3 minute walk to the hotel. Please let us know if you'd like us to pick you up at the Yudanaka station. By Car Take Joshinetsu Expressway to Shinshu Nakano Exit. Continue on Route 292 from the exit to Yudanaka. Take Nagano Expressway to Shinshu Nakano Exit. Continue on Route 292 from the exit to Yudanaka. To the Hotel Please let us know if you'd like us to pick you up at the Yudanaka Station.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsJigokudani Wild Monkey Park Jigokudani or Hell Valley can be the only place on Earth where wild monkeys bathe in hot springs. About 250 monkeys live in this park and they are fed in the wild. You may have seen these monkeys in travel brochures. When they soak in hot springs in winter, they look like us. To get to the park, take a bus to Kanbayashi Onsen (15 minutes) and walk 30 minutes along the Yokoyu River. Don't forget to take pictures of you and the monkeys! Zenkoji Temple Zenkoji Temple is one of the oldest temples in Japan. Most Japanese visit the temple at least once in their lifetime. 1 hour by car. Obuse Town An ukiyo-e artist, Katsushika Hokusai, once lived in this town. There's the Hokusai Museum. 30 minutes by car. World Peace Kannon Bosatsu 25-meter high statue of Kannon-Bosatsu, the Goddess of Mercy. Please ask our front desk staff how to get to each location.
- ActivitiesShiga Kogen Ski Resort Nagano's largest ski resort with 21 slopes and 71 lifts. 30 minutes by car. Shiga Kogen Explore the 2000-meter high mountains and beautiful lakes of Shiga Kogen. 30 minutes by car.
- Seasonal HighlightsNot Applicable
- OnsenNot Applicable
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes.(see below for details): Our menu is a mix of Japanese, Chinese and Western food. The menu changes every two months to offer you the best seasonal food. Our dessert is parfait with home-made ice cream. Popular. Dinner reservations need to be made until 3:00PM on the day you arrive. Changing from Japanese food to Western food is not possible for dinner. It's ok for Breakfast. Changing from fish to meat is possible, but normally meat is included. Vegetarian menu is available. Make arrangements in advance.
- Onsen Yes.Indoor baths and 2 types of outdoor baths available Hot water is from hot springs in town. The water temperature is 41-42°C in the tubs. The baths are available from 2:00PM to 10:00AM. The baths are not available on a private basis. Our guests are entitled to freely use three baths in town: Two bathhouses and one for feet only. Open hours: 7:00-9:00AM and 3:00-9:00PM.
- Internet Not Applicable
- Laundry Facilities Not Applicable
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities 2 banquet rooms 2 karaoke rooms Restaurant and coffee shop Gift shop Handicap access - elevator, restroom and flat floor Free parking - 60 cars Smoking rooms are available.
- AddressNot Applicable
- Telephone(0269)33-3508 (International +81-269-33-3508)
- FaxNot Applicable
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.tsubakino.com
- Contact NameHideaki Yumoto