Hotaru Onsen, Shiga Kogen
Tel: (0269)34-3030 (Intern... >> Online Inquiry
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
Hotel Heights Shiga Kogen
Hotel Heights is located in Northern Nagano in the Shiga Kogen Ski Resort area, one of Japans most scenic and natural sites. Shiga Kogen was the site of the 1998 winter Olympics, and makes up part of the Joshinetsu National Park. With an elevation of 1,300 - 2,000 meters, one can truly experience mountain life. There are plenty of activities for all seasons. The Jigokudani Monkey Park, where you can see the bathing monkeys in natural onsen (hot spring), is also worth visit while your stay with us.
- NameHotel Heights Shiga Kogen
- Type of AccommodationHotel
- Room TypeJapanese / Western
- General Room InformationIn room amenities include: Yukata (Japanese Light Gown, for adults only), Bath Towel, Hot Spring Towel, Toothbrush, Razor, Tea Set (No amenity set for under 3 years). In room facilities include Television, Refrigerator (empty), Hair Dryer, Shampoo/Conditioner, Tea Server. Food may be brought to guest rooms, but please do not cook food in rooms
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.We speak a little English.
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates Add 1,050 yen per person for Saturdays and nights before public Holidays. Rates are not valid over peak season (New Years, Golden Week, Obon) Children's and Single (off peak only) Rates available
- City / AreaHotaru Onsen, Shiga Kogen
- Nearest Train StationThe nearest bus stop is Suzurikawa.
- Minutes from Station2 min from Suzurikawa Bus Stop
- Pick up service available? Not Applicable
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Nagano Expressway (via Chuo Expressway or Joshinetsu Expressway) / Shinshu Nakano IC
- Nearest National RouteFrom Shinshu-Nakano Interchange on the Nagano Expressway it is about 40 minutes drive to Hotaru Onsen. When the car park if full we will direct you to a nearby Public Car Park (Free)
- Getting ThereDrive via the Chuo and Nagano expressways through Okaya JCT and the Shiga Nakano toll road (R292 Bypass) for Shiga Kogen. Or take the Kanetsu and Joshinetsu expressways and the Shiga Nakano toll road. Both take about 5 hours. From Osaka, you will need to take the Chuo expressway from the south and then to the Nagano expressway and the Shiga Nakano toll road.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsOutdoor shops nearby, although there are few places to eat around the hotel.
- ActivitiesThe Shiga Kogen area has 4 main ski areas, with a total of 71 lifts, and gondolas. At 1400m there is Sun Valley Maruike, at 1700m there is Kuma-no-Yu, while Higashi Tateyama, Terakoya, Yakebitaiyama are all at about 2000m, and the highest of them all is Yokoteyama at 2300m. The main areas are: Shiga Kogen, Sun Valley , Maruike, Hasugaike area Ichinose, Takamagahara area Yakebitaiyama, Oku-Shiga Area Frequent shuttle buses travel between the areas. Kuma-no-Yu: 3 minutes walk (Skiing only) Yokoteyama: 5 minutes walk (Skiing only) Kasadake: Can be accessed from Kuma-no-Yu (Skiing and Snowboarding) Maeyama: 2 minutes walk (Skiing and Snowboarding) Shibu-Toge: Can be accessed from Yokoteyama (Skiing and Snowboarding)
- Seasonal HighlightsNot Applicable
- OnsenNot Applicable
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes.During the Green Season (Apr- Nov), dinner is a set menu with mostly Japanese Style dishes. (On occasions a buffet menu will be substituted).
- Onsen Yes.Public baths are open for 24 hours. Same sex only. Outdoor bath, private bath (at charge) and foot bath are all available. Note, the foot bath outside the hotel is not available during winter.
- Internet Not Applicable
- Laundry Facilities Yes.Washing Machine: 200 yen / wash Clothes Driers: 100 yen / 15minutes Soap Powder: Available at shop / 50 yen
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Vending machines include beer and other beverages, Ice Cream, Instant noodles, Cigarettes. Coin Lockers, Rental Ski Counter, Ski Locker, Dining Room, Noodle Restaurant, Ski School Counter Sports Bar "Pepper Moon" etc.
- AddressNot Applicable
- Telephone(0269)34-3030 (International +81-269-34-3030)
- FaxNot Applicable
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.shigakogen.jp/heights/english/
- Contact NameMs. Shu Takaso 高相 周