Tel: 090-4461-9331 / 0268-... >> Online Inquiry
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
Hoshi Boshi Lodge
Hoshi Boshi Lodge (HBL) is a year round rental lodge located in the mts. of Nagano. Year round outdoor activities are just out the front door..including hiking, skiing, boarding, mt. riding, golf, tennis ...you name it. It is also a great place to relax and get away from the summer heat..or into fresh powder in the winter months.
- NameHoshi Boshi Lodge
- Type of AccommodationLodge
- Room TypeWestern Only
- General Room InformationThe lodge has 7 rooms. All rooms have unit baths. The 5 western rooms each have two single beds and sleeping lofts for an additional two guests. 2 rooms are Japanese style with unit baths. These rooms sleep three on tatami and 2 in the loft.
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.English and Japanese spoken by the Owner.
- Other Languages SpokenJapanese
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates Under ￥5,000
The lodge is rented out on a group basis...prices starting from 30,000 yen for a group of 10 with an additional charge of 2000 yen per person over the minimum of 10.
- City / AreaSugadaira/ Minenohara
- Nearest Train StationUeda City or Nagano city for shinkansen
- Minutes from StationApprox. 45 mins
- Pick up service available? Yes. Available
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Jyoshinetsu Highway / Suzaka Interchange, Ueda/Sugadaira
- Nearest National RouteNot Applicable
- Getting ThereOnly 80 minutes by bullet train from Tokyo to Ueda and 35 minutes by car or bus from Ueda to Sugadaira.. Or, 2.5 hours by car from Tokyo to the Ueda-Sugadaira interchange and 35 minutes from there. The lodge can also be accessed from Suzaka interchange and it takes 30 minutes from there as well. Easy! Link for map: http://www.mapfan.com/m.cgi?MAP=E188.8.131.52N184.108.40.206&ZM=9 From Ueda (上田) follow Route 144, then Route 406 to Sugadaira (菅平). Once in Sugadaira, at the only traffic light in the village, take a right, and follow this road for about a kilometer until you pass the Yamabiko Hotel on your left. As soon as you pass the Yamabiko Hotel, take the first right. Roads in this area are assigned numbers, and these numbers are placed within ‘Tanuki’ (raccoon) shaped signs. At Tanuki 14 (the green dot on the map above) take a right. From there, we’re sign-posted!!
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsGateway to the Japanese Alps and all the mts. Nagano has to offer as well as Nagano`s steaming hot springs. Also enjoy the view of Asama Mt...a live volcano...and of course enjoy the skiing and hiking once you have arrived.
- ActivitiesThe Sugadaira Ski network is literally out the front door of the lodge. In summer, climb M. Neko and Mt. Asama, both listed among Japan`s100 and 200 most famous mts. Both sit right in front of the lodge... The area is also the famous training area for several gold medal winning runners...come up and enjoy the great training atmosphere.
- Seasonal HighlightsTHe Minenohara Area is famous for wild flowers in Spring and Fall and of course the fall colors are spectacular. Also enjoy panoramic views of the Alps and Nagano from Minenohara. On clear days , Mt. Fuji is easily seen.
- OnsenNumerous famous Onsens within 40 minutes of the lodge.
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided No, you must cook for yourself..or catering can be arranged.
- Onsen Yes.Large Communal Bath...suitable for three adults.
- Internet Yes.Wireless throughout the lodge.
- Laundry Facilities Not Applicable
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Wood stove, barbeque, electronic darts, professional kitchen..fully outfitted.
- Address3153-270 Minenohara Kogen, Suzaka City, Nagano-ken 386-2211
- Telephone090-4461-9331 / 0268-74-2544
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~hblodge
- Contact NameGreg Farnum