Home > Travel Tools > Places to Stay > Chubu>Yamanashi > Solar Café and Earth Embassy Organic Farm
Fuji Five Lakes Area
Tel: 0555-85-3329 (Int l +... >> Online Inquiry
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
Solar Café and Earth Embassy Organic Farm
The Solar Café Guesthouse and Organic Farm is located at the base of Mt. Fuji—just two hours from Tokyo in the Fuji Five Lakes area. We are within easy hiking distance of Lake Saiko, Narusawa Ice Caves, Mt. Koyodai and Aokigahara Lava Forest. Enjoy horse riding, fishing, canoeing and more. Lots of good day hiking from the café. Also a good place to stop in for a homemade meal before or after a Mt Fuji climb. Cooking classes also available.
- NameSolar Café and Earth Embassy Organic Farm
- Type of AccommodationGuesthouse
- Room TypeJapanese Only
- General Room InformationJapanese style rooms with Futons. Camping area with tent rental also available. Private rooms for 2-5 people.
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.English and Japanese ok.
- Other Languages SpokenStaff is very iinternational.
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates Under ￥5,000
Rooms are ¥3,000 per person. Ask for Tipi and Treehouse pricing. Camping space (bring your own tent)1500yen per person. Short term and long term volunteers are also welcome to help with farm and café work.
- City / AreaFuji Five Lakes Area
- Nearest Train StationNearest train stations are Kawaguchiko Station and Fuji Q Highland Amusement Park.
- Minutes from Station25-minute local bus ride from Kawaguchiko Station. The Café is a two-minute walk from Koyodai Bus s
- Pick up service available? Not Applicable
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Accessible from Chuo Expressway or Tomei Expressway / Kawaguchiko Interchange
- Nearest National RouteThe Solar Café is located along Rt. 139, the main road connecting the Fuji 5 Lakes.
- Getting ThereBy Car: From the Chuo Expressway, exit at Kawaguchiko. Take a right immediately onto Rt. 139. Drive straight for 10-15 minutes. Solar Café is on the right side on the Rt. 139, (.8km past the Fire Station at Rt. 71 intersection) By Car from the Tomei Expressway, exit at Gotemba and follow signs to Yamanakako/Kawaguchiko. Take a right onto R138 or R139. Drive straight until you enter Narusawa Village. Solar Café is on the right side on the Rt. 139, (.8km past the Fire Station at Rt. 71 intersection) By Bus from Tokyo, take the Keio Highway bus from Shinjuku Station west exit, to Kawaguchiko Station. By Train: Take Chuo Line to Otsuki and transfer to Fuji Q Line. Take Fuji Q line to Kawaguchiko Station. From Kawaguchiko Station take the local bus to Koyodai Iriguchi. From the Koyodai bus stop, continue along highway for 200m and you will see the Solar Café on the right. Or if you don’t want to walk along the highway, from the bus stop, cross the road and follow the signs along the back roads to Solar Café. (Hint. You can ask the bus driver to drop you off directly at Solar Café. If he is in a good mood, it will save you a walk. In Japanese "Koyo dai sugitei, So-ra Café ni oritai"
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsNot Applicable
- Activities15 minutes from FujiTen ski area. There are also eight golf course within 20 minutes from the café.
- Seasonal HighlightsNot Applicable
- OnsenNot Applicable
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes.Guests can order from the café menu or call ahead to reserve a Hearty Country Meal Set. Foods include Homemade Pizzas, Fresh baked breads and cakes, fresh basil pasta, salads, milk and soy shakes, miso-minestrone soup, French onion soup with Jalapeño cheese toast. The Dinner set ¥1,500. Self serve breakfast ¥1,000. We are vegan and vegetarian friendly.
- Onsen Yes.Yurari Onsen is a two minute drive form the café and guests can be driven there for free before 8pm. Facilities include Outdoor Baths, Herb Baths, Sauna, Sand bath, Massage, and Private Baths for couples. Entrance is ¥1,000-¥1,200 per person. Open until 10pm (entrance until 9pm)
- Internet Not Applicable
- Laundry Facilities Yes.The café has no showers or bath onsite. Guests will be driven to nearby Yurari Onsen upon request.
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Cooking classes and Farm activities available. Please call or email for details.
- Address〒401-0320 山梨県鳴沢村 8529-74
- Telephone0555-85-3329 (Int l +81-555-85-3329)
- FaxNot Applicable
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.earthembassy.org
- Contact NameSolar Cafe and Earth Embassy Organic Farm