Tel: 0279-88-2311 >> Online Inquiry
Naraya is a traditional Japanese-style ryokan founded during the Meiji era in 1877. We are situated in Kusatsu Onsen, Gunma Prefecture an area famous for its natural hot springs. All of our guest rooms are Japanese-style featuring tatami mats. We have both indoor and outdoor onsen (hot springs) and two private onsen. We are located in the heart of Kusatsu Onsen, beside yubatake (hot spring field). Kusatsu is one of the most popular spa resorts in Japan. Local attractions include Yubatake (hot spring field), Kusatsu International Ski resort, hiking (Mt. Tengu, Mt. Shirane), golfing. Mt.Shirane with altitude of 2160m is about 30 minutes by car from Kusatsu. Yumiike and Yugama are also recommended for hiking. Both 30 mintues by car from Kusatsu.
- Type of AccommodationOnsen Ryokan
- Room TypeJapanese Only
- General Room InformationThere are 31 guest rooms. All are Japanese-style rooms with tatami mats. Yubatake can be seen from two of our guest rooms.
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.Very basic English is spoken.
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates ￥10,000 - ￥20,000
￥20,000 - ￥30,000
Dinner and breakfast are included in room rates below. Check-in is from 2pm and checkout is 10am. Free shuttle service provided to the terminal where the shuttle bus to Karuizawa (shinkansen station) departs. Onsen bath tax of 150yen per guest per night is charged separately.
- City / AreaKusatsu-machi
- Nearest Train StationNaganohara Kusatsu-guchi
- Minutes from StationAbout 25 minutes by bus
- Pick up service available? Yes.Free shuttle service provided to the terminal where the shuttle bus to Karuizawa (shinkansen station) departs.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Kanetsu Expressway / Shibukawa Ikaho I.C.
- Nearest National RouteRoute #292 (via Route #353)
- Getting ThereBy Train: About 2.5 hours from Ueno Station to Naganohara-kusatsuguchi Station by JR. About 25 minutes to Kusatsu Onsen by JR bus. By Bus: About 2 hours and 40 minutes from Shinjuku Station. About 5 hours and 50 minutes from Nagoya Station.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsNot Applicable
- ActivitiesYubatake (hot spring field), Kusatsu International Ski resort, hiking (Mt. Tengu, Mt. Shirane), golfing. Mt.Shirane with altitude of 2160m is about 30 minutes by car from Kusatsu. Yumiike and Yugama are also recommended for hiking. Both 30 mintues by car from Kusatsu.
- Seasonal HighlightsSpring - Tour de Kusatsu Summer - Hiking in Kusatsu area, Kusatsu Thanksgiving Festival, Elementary School Sumo Matches Fall - MTB Festa Winter - Kusatsu Hinamatsuri Festival
- OnsenVarious public onsen bathhouses, Sainokawara(outdoor bath). The famous onsen attraction "Yumomi" is performed at Yubatake.
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes.We provide Japanese style dishes "Kaiseki" with local vegetables for dinner.
- Onsen Yes.Three private baths. Communal baths. Open-air baths. Family baths are free of charge. Private baths are 1050yen.
- Internet Not Applicable
- Laundry Facilities Not Applicable
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Banquet rooms, indoor/outdoor/private onsen, gallery, cafe, gift shop, parking lot, ping pong, game, vending machine. Amenities such as go, shogi(Japanese chess), mah-jong are available to rent from the reception.
- Address396 Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gumma 377-1711, Japan
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.kusatsu-naraya.co.jp/
- Contact NameMr.Kobayashi