Naraya is a traditional Japanese-style ryokan founded during the Meiji era in 1877. We are situated in Kusatsu Onsen, Gunma Prefecture an area famous for its natural hot springs. All of our guest rooms are Japanese-style featuring tatami mats. We have both indoor and outdoor onsen (hot springs) and two private onsen. We are located in the heart of Kusatsu Onsen, beside yubatake (hot spring field). Kusatsu is one of the most popular spa resorts in Japan. Local attractions include Yubatake (hot spring field), Kusatsu International Ski resort, hiking (Mt. Tengu, Mt. Shirane), golfing. Mt.Shirane with altitude of 2160m is about 30 minutes by car from Kusatsu. Yumiike and Yugama are also recommended for hiking. Both 30 mintues by car from Kusatsu.
- Type of AccommodationOnsen Ryokan
- Room TypeJapanese Only
- General Room InformationThere are 31 guest rooms. All are Japanese-style rooms with tatami mats. Yubatake can be seen from two of our guest rooms.
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.Very basic English is spoken.
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
- City / AreaKusatsu-machi
- Nearest Train StationNaganohara Kusatsu-guchi
- Minutes from StationAbout 25 minutes by bus
- Pick up service available? Yes.Free shuttle service provided to the terminal where the shuttle bus to Karuizawa (shinkansen station) departs.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Kanetsu Expressway / Shibukawa Ikaho I.C.
- Nearest National RouteRoute #292 (via Route #353)
- Getting ThereBy Train: About 2.5 hours from Ueno Station to Naganohara-kusatsuguchi Station by JR. About 25 minutes to Kusatsu Onsen by JR bus. By Bus: About 2 hours and 40 minutes from Shinjuku Station. About 5 hours and 50 minutes from Nagoya Station.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Address396 Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gumma 377-1711, Japan
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.kusatsu-naraya.co.jp/
- Contact NameMr.Kobayashi