Tel: 024-542-2134 >> Online Inquiry
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
Shin Matsuba Ryokan
Shin Matsuba Ryokan is a Japanese-style Inn with more than 90 years of history. Located in the heart of Iizuka Onsen site, only 3 minutes walk from the Iizuka Onsen Station, it has a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. Enjoy 100% natural onsen, both indoor and outdoor. There is a private onsen too. The outdoor onsen which was installed in winter 2006 is not to be missed. Enjoying the snow, colored leaves and the water fall from the outdoor onsen is amazing. All of the indoor onsen are relaxing, facing the Surikamigawa River that runs through the heart of onsen area. Shin Matsuba Ryokan offers healthy cuisine such as the special ostrich (meat) course, sweet potato course and cactus course which is also not to be missed.
- NameShin Matsuba Ryokan
- Type of AccommodationRyokan
- Room TypeJapanese Only
- General Room InformationThere are 17 guest rooms in total with the capacity of 70 guests. All rooms are of Japanese-style.
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.The owner can speak a bit of English.
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates Under ￥5,000
￥5,000 - ￥10,000
All rooms are Japanese style. There are 17 guest rooms in total with the capacity of 70 guests. Meals are served in either your room or in the dining room. Bathing tax of 150yen is not included in the prices below. All meals are Japanese dishes.
- City / AreaIizaka
- Nearest Train StationIizaka Onsen Station
- Minutes from StationAbout 3 minutes on foot
- Pick up service available? Not Applicable
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Tohoku Jidoshado Expressway / Fukushima Iizaka interchange
- Nearest National RouteRoute 399
- Getting ThereBy train: About 1.5 hours by a bullet train from Tokyo to Fukushima Station. From Fukushima Station take a local train and get off at Iizaka Onsen Station. By car: About 3.5 hours From Tokyo by Tohoku Jidoshado Expressway. Get off at Fukushima Iizaka interchange. About 6 minutes to Iizaka Onsen. From Iizaka Onsen Station, only 3 minutes on foot.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsAs Shin Matsuba Ryokan is located in the heart of Iizaka Onsen site, soaking in an onsen is not to be missed. Iizuka onsen has a history that dates back some 2000 years and is the largest onsen area in the northeastern Japan. Try "Sabako-yu", public onsen, and 8 other public onsen. A scenic roadway running near the onsen site is called "Fruite Line" where various fruit farms can be enjoyed.
- ActivitiesFishing, rafting, tennis, skiing, hiking, golf, soccer. Visit nearby tourist spots including Mt.Hanamiyama, a beautiful spot to view cherry blossoms in early spring and famous temples such as Ioji Temple and Nakano Fudo or the remains of Ootorijyo Castle.
- Seasonal HighlightsNot Applicable
- Onsen"Sabako-yu" public bath house, and 8 other public onsen bath houses.
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes.Breakfast and dinner. Matsuba Ryokan offers healthy cuisine such as the special ostrich (meat)course, sweet potato course and cactus course which is also not to be missed.
- Onsen Yes.There are 5 onsen baths, including private baths.
- Internet Not Applicable
- Laundry Facilities Not Applicable
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Parking lot, Telephone/Fax Facilities, Towels
- Address2 Kiriyunokami, Yuno, Iizaka-machi, Fukushima-shi, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan 960-0211
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.chuokai-fukushima.or.jp/iizaka-spa/sinmatsuba/english
- Contact NameMr.Haga (the manager)