Gassan, Shizu Onsen
Ochimizu no yu Tsutaya
Just down the road from Gassan in Shizu Onsen, Ochimizu is a friendly, family-run Ryokan and the perfect place to enjoy Gassan and the surrounding area. Gassan, or Moon Mountain, is famous for its spring and summer skiing. Take a dip in the pleasant hot spring after a day of skiing, snowboarding or hiking and enjoy a wide range of local delicacies. Bungy jumping is available in nearby Asahi-mura. The ryokan is filled with Japanese antiques and you can feel the care that has gone into everything including the classic Japanese-style rooms. The owner, Mr. Shida, and his daughter speak some English and can arrange backcountry tours in winter and hiking and other outdoor activities in the green season. Shuttle service from the bus stop to the ryokan, and to the ski hill is available for guests. In winter, spring and summer, the family also runs the Gassan Resort Inn, a rustic lodge with a friendly staff that is the closest accommodation to the ski lifts. Perfect for people who want to be the first on the mountain.
- NameOchimizu no yu Tsutaya
- Type of AccommodationOnsen Ryokan
- Room TypeJapanese / Western
- General Room InformationTraditional Japanese-style ryokan 16 Japanese style rooms. 2 Japanese style with twin bed room. 3 twin western rooms . 1 single western room
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.two staff members
- Other Languages SpokenJapanese
- City / AreaGassan, Shizu Onsen
- Nearest Train StationJR Yamagata
- Minutes from StationAbout 1 hr by highway bus to ‘Gassan I.C.’ bus stop , and we can pick you up there.
- Pick up service available? Yes
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Yamagata Jidoshado / Gassan I.C.
- Nearest National RouteR 112
- Getting ThereBy train ‘Tsubasa’ from JR Tokyo-JR Yamagata, and take highway bus from Yamagata station to Gassan I.C.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- AddressNot Applicable
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.gassan-tsutaya.co.jp
- Contact NameTsutaya, contact Miho