Togura Kamiyamada Onsen
Traditional Ryokan inn featuring warm wood construction, gardens throughout, onsen hot spring bath, gourmet meals; in Onsen Town Togura Kamiyamada, centrally located to Nagano's best. Your experience starts at our spacious lobby that offers views of the koi pond and central garden as well as a comfortable space to relax next to the wood burning stove. Then we lead you to your guestroom, perhaps across the watari-roka passageway by the many tsubo-niwa pocket gardens to one of the detached rooms with a private garden. Or up the stairs to one of the 2nd floor rooms that provide views of the pine tree covered hills surrounding the Chikuma River valley. Your onsen ryokan experience here at Kamesei continues with the hot spring mineral baths. Our baths feature 100% natural onsen water flowing 24 hours a day. Both the ladies and the mens baths have rotenburo outdoor baths. One is made of fragrant yellow cedar, the other of river rock in an open air garden setting where you can bathe in the starlight as you soak in the onsen. Once you have relaxed in your guest room and soothed your body in the onsen baths, it is time to nourish your body with our chef's meals. When you stay at a Japanese ryokan, meals are an important part of the overall experience. Our kaiseki-style dinner features local, seasonal ingredients and the breakfast is a full ryokan traditional breakfast.
- NameKamesei Ryokan
- Type of AccommodationRyokan
- Room TypeJapanese Only
- General Room InformationOur 12 guest rooms are a spacious 10-tatami mat size with a sitting room and private toilet. They can accommodate up to 6 people per room. Yukata (robe), bath and hand towels and tooth brush are provided. The rooms are furnished with a TV and heater/AC. Bathing facilities are with the onsen baths separated men and women, both with outdoor baths, too. Available 24 hours. Budget Room (6-tatami mat size, no private toilet) also available.
- English Speaking Staff? Not Applicable
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
- City / AreaTogura Kamiyamada Onsen
- Nearest Train StationTogura (Shinano Railway)
- Minutes from Station 10 min. by bus or taxi
- Pick up service available? Yes. Free pick-up and drop-off at Togura Station gladly provided.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Joshin'etsu Expressway / Sakaki
- Nearest National RouteRoute 18
- Getting ThereBy Train: Togura Station (private Shinano Railway) is 4 stops from Ueda, the nearest Nagano Shinkansen bullet train stop, 4 stops from Shinonoi if coming from Osaka / Kyoto / Nagoya, or approx. 25 min. from Nagano Station.).
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Address2-15-1 Kamiyamada Onsen, Chikuma City, Nagano Pref. 389-0821
- Web sitehttp://www.kamesei.jp
- Contact NameTyler Lynch