Togura Kamiyamada Onsen
Tel: +81(0)26-275-1032 >> Online Inquiry
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
Traditional Ryokan inn featuring warm wood construction, gardens throughout, onsen hot spring bath, gourmet meals; in Onsen Town Togura Kamiyamada, centrally located to Nagano's best. Your experience starts at our spacious lobby that offers views of the koi pond and central garden as well as a comfortable space to relax next to the wood burning stove. Then we lead you to your guestroom, perhaps across the watari-roka passageway by the many tsubo-niwa pocket gardens to one of the detached rooms with a private garden. Or up the stairs to one of the 2nd floor rooms that provide views of the pine tree covered hills surrounding the Chikuma River valley. Your onsen ryokan experience here at Kamesei continues with the hot spring mineral baths. Our baths feature 100% natural onsen water flowing 24 hours a day. Both the ladies and the mens baths have rotenburo outdoor baths. One is made of fragrant yellow cedar, the other of river rock in an open air garden setting where you can bathe in the starlight as you soak in the onsen. Once you have relaxed in your guest room and soothed your body in the onsen baths, it is time to nourish your body with our chef's meals. When you stay at a Japanese ryokan, meals are an important part of the overall experience. Our kaiseki-style dinner features local, seasonal ingredients and the breakfast is a full ryokan traditional breakfast.
- NameKamesei Ryokan
- Type of AccommodationRyokan
- Room TypeJapanese Only
- General Room InformationOur 12 guest rooms are a spacious 10-tatami mat size with a sitting room and private toilet. They can accommodate up to 6 people per room. Yukata (robe), bath and hand towels and tooth brush are provided. The rooms are furnished with a TV and heater/AC. Bathing facilities are with the onsen baths separated men and women, both with outdoor baths, too. Available 24 hours. Budget Room (6-tatami mat size, no private toilet) also available.
- English Speaking Staff? Not Applicable
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates ￥5,000 - ￥10,000
Accommodation only for 2 people is 5,250 yen per person for weekdays. Reduced rates for 3~6 people per room. Saturdays and Holidays are +2,100 yen. Children are 70% for elementary school age, 50% if younger, 30% if meals only, 20% if futon only, 0% if no meals and no futon. Meals are +4,200 yen for dinner, +2,100 yen for breakfast, or +5,250 yen for both. Rates include 5% sales tax but are subject to 150 yen per adult per night onsen tax.
- City / AreaTogura Kamiyamada Onsen
- Nearest Train StationTogura (Shinano Railway)
- Minutes from Station 10 min. by bus or taxi
- Pick up service available? Yes. Free pick-up and drop-off at Togura Station gladly provided.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Joshin'etsu Expressway / Sakaki
- Nearest National RouteRoute 18
- Getting ThereBy Train: Togura Station (private Shinano Railway) is 4 stops from Ueda, the nearest Nagano Shinkansen bullet train stop, 4 stops from Shinonoi if coming from Osaka / Kyoto / Nagoya, or approx. 25 min. from Nagano Station.).
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsPopular day trips include frolicking with the snow monkeys at Jigokudani, experiencing the the spiritual nature (and the best soba and ... ninjas!) of Togakushi, and seeing the cool castle at Matsumoto, gateway to the Japanese Alps. Our location, Togura Kamiyamada, is an onsen town. That means you are free to use our wooden geta and stroll around town in your yukata robe to explore the wide variety of shops, restaurants and onsen footbaths.
- ActivitiesRental bicycles available for riding the Chikuma Bicycle Road along the Chikuma River. Or you can walk up to Arato-jo, the hilltop castle behind town.
- Seasonal HighlightsApricot blossoms in Mori's "Apricot Village" in early April (approx. 30 min. by bus) Energetic Onsen Summer Festival (3rd wknd of July) and Chikuma River Fireworks Display (07-Aug) Obasute Terraced Rice Fields moon-viewing (during the harvest moon in autumn)
- OnsenTogura Kamiyamada Onsen's hot spring mineral waters have a hearty sulfur scent and will leave your skin feeling silky smooth. Temperatures average approx. 42 deg C. Just make sure to not wear your silver jewelry in the baths -- it will turn black with the onsen minerals.
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Let our Chef Takei work his culinary magic for you, with our kaiseki-style dinner featuring local and seasonal ingredients. It is an important part of the overall ryokan experience. Vegetarian meals also available upon prior-request.
- Onsen Kamesei has 2 main baths, separated men and women, each with an outdoor bath. One is made of yellow cedar, and the other out of river stones and is open to the sky, so you can bathe in the starlight as you soak in the onsen waters. Private bath times may be arranged.
- Internet Wi-Fi available in the lobby. Laptop computer also available.
- Laundry Facilities Laundry machine is available for complimentary use.
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Gourmet Guide and Walking Map available for exploring our onsen town, Togura Kamiyamada
- Address2-15-1 Kamiyamada Onsen, Chikuma City, Nagano Pref. 389-0821
- Web sitehttp://www.kamesei.jp
- Contact NameTyler Lynch