Otari Village, Nagano Prefecture
Tel: (0261)83-2421 or 050-... >> Online Inquiry
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
Petit Hotel Schanze
Petit Hotel Schanze is a family run hotel located in the Tsugaike Highlands of Hakuba, Nagano. Situated at the foot of the Japanese North Alps, the views of the 3.000 meter peaks outside the hotel are breath taking. An excellent base for year round activities such as hiking, trekking, rafting, kayaking, paragliding, canyoning snowshoeing, skiing and snowboarding or just relax in one of the many local hot springs. Explore this magnificent area by yourself or allow professional guides to show you why this area is so very special. “Shio-no-michi”,the old Salt Road, that has carried travelers to this area for centuries runs just outside of our hotel. Great for a walk along this quiet path through the woods . Petit Hotel Schanze offers a relaxing escape from city life, bringing you closer to nature to rejuvenate your mind and body in a clean and care free atmosphere. Enjoy our delicious Dutch oven and Japanese cuisine as well as home made local dishes, made with home-grown vegetables and fruits, and organic and natural foods. We can cater to vegetarians and other special dietary needs.
- NamePetit Hotel Schanze
- Type of AccommodationHotel
- Room TypeJapanese / Western
- General Room InformationWe have 10 rooms: 4 Western style 2 Japanese style, 4 Mix style (Japanese “tatami” room with two beds) Note: 8 of the rooms have their own bathrooms and toilet.
- English Speaking Staff? Yes the owner’s wife.
- Other Languages SpokenNo
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates ￥5,000 - ￥10,000
From ¥7,000 to ¥9,000 with two meals 2 adults sharing a room from ¥7,500 to ¥8,500 per person 3 to 4 adults sharing a room from ¥7,000 to ¥7,500 per person Children aged between 6 and 12 yrs: ¥4,000 per child Children aged between 2 and 5 yrs: ¥2,500 per child If you want to check in at night (7-11:00 PM), we can exclude dinner and give you ¥2,000 discount for adult, ¥1,000 for child. (please advice in advance)
- City / AreaOtari Village, Nagano Prefecture
- Nearest Train StationHakuba or Hakuba-Oike Station
- Minutes from Station10-minute from Hakuba Station by car 5-minute from Hakuba –Oike Station by car
- Pick up service available? please ask us for details.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Nagano Expressway (Chuo Expressway, Kan-etsu Expressway) / Toyoshina I.C. ( on Chuo Expressway) Nagano I.C ( on Kan-etsu Expressway)
- Nearest National RouteRoute148
- Getting ThereBy Car ＊Chuo Expressway – Nagano Expressway Toyoshina Exit – Route147 – R148 – Hakuba Station ＊Kan-etu Expressway – Joshinetu Expressway Nagano Exit – Route19 – Olympic Road to Hakuba By Train ＊ Sinkansen Tokyo Stn. to Nagano Stn. – Highland Express Bus to Hakuba or Tsugaike. ＊Super Azusa Limited Shinjuku Stn. to Hakuba. ＊Azusa Limited Shinjuku Stn. to Matsumoto Stn. – Oito-Line to Hakuba Stn. ＊ Shinano Limited Nagoya Stn. to Matsumoto Stn. – Oito-Line to Hakuba Stn. By Bus Deluxe Highway Bus from Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya to Matsumoto Stn. (winter season direct to Tsugaike Ski Resort) From Hakuba Station (by car,bus or taxi) 8km north of Hakuba Station on R148, turn left in front of Hakuba – Oike Station and continue up hill to Tsugaike Ski area. Schanze is 4km ahead on the right.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsLocated at the northern base of the Japanese North Alps, Otari is a picturesque rural village where nature and history are preserved in pristine form. The Otari-Hakuba section of the old Salt Road has now become a popular, and beautiful, country walk. It runs just outside of our hotel and brings you to the Historic Center through the woods. Tsugaike Natural Park is known for alpine flora and magnificent autumn colors with backdrop of the Hakuba range. From our hotel, you walk 5 minutes and ride a gondola and a ropeway to reach Tsugaike Natural Park. (2,000 meters above sea level) A raised walkway, 5.5 kilometers long, makes a rewarding trail through the Park.
- ActivitiesTsugaike Higland Ski Resort (6-minute walk) Many beautiful wooded slopes for beginners through to professional level. Great for powder skiing and sowshoe walking. In spring there is helicopter access to 14km downhill course. Happo-One and Hakuba47 Ski Resort (20-minutes by car). Also Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route (Kurobe Dam), Lake Aoki and Lake Kizaki. Matsumoto Castle, Zenkouji Temple are a within 1-hour driving distance.
- Seasonal HighlightsNot Applicable
- OnsenTsugaike Onsen (indoor and outdoor hot springs) 2-minute walk. Many public hot springs in Hakuba and Otari area.
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes,Dinner and breakfast included. Enjoy our hearty daily menu, both fish and meat dishes at dinner and bread specially baked with original natural yeast at breakfast. Please advice in advance , vegetarian menu or not require dinner.
- Onsen No but nearby.
- Internet No
- Laundry Facilities Laundromat nearby
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Towels are provided in the room Toothbrush, shampoo and hair dryers are available from the front desk. Free space with Othello, Scrabble games and English books, picture books. Cozy corner with a vending machine, look out over mountain view
- Telephone(0261)83-2421 or 050-8686-2421 From overseas: +81-(261)83-2421
- FaxNot Applicable
- Web sitehttp://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~schanze/
- Contact NameToshiko Arai