Home > Travel Tools > Places to Stay > Outside Japan>Bali > The Chillhouse - Bali Surf Retreats
Tel: +62353130002 >> Online Inquiry
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
The Chillhouse - Bali Surf Retreats
The Chillhouse is a traditional retreat situated in Canggu amongst the rice fields on the southern shores of Bali, offering guest’s quality accommodation and delicious organic meals, along with surf guiding, massage treatments and yoga sessions. The retreat features full board, The Gerry Lopez Treetop Loft, five luxurious double bungalows with private gardens, single and double rooms, a spacious pool, and unlimited wi-fi internet. It is a place where you can indulge in an unforgettable surfing holiday, filled with endless waves and maximum comfort. The emphasis of course is on surfing but not just about chasing waves. With various packages available, it is our desire to make you and your family feel at home. There is no wish unheard, no desire too much, no dream too big. Let’s make it all happen. Surfguiding, surfcoaching, massage, therapy, yoga, amazing food all day long, wi-fi all over, and the familiar atmosphere that goes such a long way.
- NameThe Chillhouse - Bali Surf Retreats
- Type of AccommodationLodge
- Room TypeWestern Only
- General Room InformationThe Gerry Lopez Treetop Loft The Loft is our most deluxe choice. Three stories high, the ground floor features an outdoor bathroom with double shower and double sink, the air-conditioned bedroom with spectacular views is on the first floor, and the chill-out bale’ on the second floor reminds of a tree house in the pure old days of the surf pioneers. It is equipped with mini-bar, safety deposit box and Jbl IPod dock. The Bungalows Our five luxurious bungalows are set amongst 1500sqm’s of exotic tropical private gardens. They are beautifully appointed with your comfort in mind, and feature deluxe beds, full air-conditioning, safety deposit boxes, mini bar, Jbl IPod docks and lovely outdoor bathrooms. The Surfers’ House It is laid out for 5 guests. On the ground floor there are two double rooms with stylish bunk beds, air-conditioning, safety deposit boxes and extra blue sky bathrooms, and one single room with just the same great features and a superlarge bed. A large, open communal living room is the hangout and features a stereo, TV with heaps of surf DVDs and a fridge filled with beers.
- English Speaking Staff? Not Applicable
- Other Languages SpokenGerman, Italian, French, Indonesian, but no Japanese yet!
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates Under ￥5,000
￥5,000 - ￥10,000
INCLUDED + Breakfast - Brunch Buffet 06:00 - 12:00 + four course gourmet organic dinner + Welcome drink + Flower arrangements at arrival + Fruit Basket at arrival in your room + Only homemade marmalade + 1 special seafood BBQ + Fruits all day long + Afternoon tea and homemade specials + Airport pickup (minimum stay one week) + Beach shuttle + Kuta shuttle + Free wi-fi
- RegionOutside Japan
- City / AreaCanggu
- Nearest Train StationNot Applicable
- Minutes from StationNot Applicable
- Pick up service available? Not Applicable
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Not Applicable / Not Applicable
- Nearest National RouteNot Applicable
- Getting ThereOnce you arrive at Bali International Airport, we pick you up and bring you directly to The Chillhouse.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsLiving the dream – making it real on Bali Living the dream is what sums it all up. That's what the owners Sabina and Alex have been doing for quite a while now, and that's what the smiles on their faces tell: living the moment, yet thinking about tomorrow, appreciating what life holds, knowing that karma and dharma don't go one without the other, and spreading love and light. Sabina has been traveling to Indonesia since 2000. Her first contact with this amazing archipelago was a tiny little village in central Java. She went and all she had was a telephone number of a friend's friend, that's it. This adventurous spirit has kept developing and eventually took her to meet Alex, come to live on Bali and found The Chillhouse. Born 1763m high in a small village in the mountains of Austria (her parents own the Seehotel Jaegerwirt, so hospitality is in Sabina’s blood), Indonesia has been quite a change and it took her a bit to adapt, and now she lives a life full of friends, smiling faces, mellow days, tropic nights and heaps of waves. Surfing is fun for her, so she's not the one who wakes up before dawn to catch the right tide at first daylight, no, she paddles out when she feels like it, and that's the way she is - do it when you want to. Alex has been traveling to Indonesia since 1998. It was love at first sight. He has been coming back at least once a year, sailing East of Bali, exploring new cultures, flora, fauna, and heaps of unridden waves. Over the years he has made friends on so many islands and is always happy to come back for a visit - a surfari, in that case. He has always been a traveler, and believes that once you've been on the road, no one can stop that fire in you. It is the desire to meet people, learn new cultures, explore the 3rd world, be thankful for whatever happens, and to check out that next headland and see what's behind. Then, back on Bali, riding the waves he is used to, is coming home. Home to the place that his wife Sabina and him have created. That piece of land on Bali, full of big old mango trees, smiling faces, and heaps of magic - The Chillhouse. Sabina and Alex have been living on Bali full time now for more than four years. If you ask them if they would do it all over again, their answer is yes. They haven't regretted a bit, they are happy to have pulled it off, sold their belongings, stepped in the plane, felt the heart beat, and set foot on an island far from home, which is becoming more and more a home to them. They have built The Chillhouse from scratches four years ago, have shares in the newly opened Surfhotel in Legian, and are opening their new place on the Bukit in South Bali: The Chillhill, with spectacular ocean views. Let’s see where life takes them! Why Bali? Bali is an island where the third world meets the first. High tech coexists with toothless natives, hiphop with traditional gamelan, white skin with brown, christians with muslims and hindus, stylers with performers, longboards with stand up paddles, shortboards with boogieboards, and fishermen with fashion biz. Island life is laid back anywhere, but in Bali you have the comfort of the first world while you chill in the third world with no rules. Loving life! Dominated by Mount Agung, the overwhelming more than 3000m high vulcano, Bali is the home of the Gods. All over the island the temples face the sea so that the Hindus pray to the mountain. Vegetation is lush, a lot of rain (especially in the months of January, February, March) makes for rich rice crops, and the life of the Balinese is, compared to other islands of Indonesia, not too hard. The cultural heritage of Bali is immense. All generations and all social classes share it and are happy to be conducting their ceremonies on a daily basis. Hinduism plays a major role in the everyday life of the Balinese, as they are governed by the power of The Holy Trinity - Shiva, Wisnu and Brahma. However, there is yet another very strong force influencing the island: The Indian Ocean, sending its swells on a regular basis, blessing Bali with constant waves ...
- ActivitiesThe weekly program Yoga is on offer from Monday to Friday in a loft that overlooks the rice paddies and the sunset. Beautiful setup. Our yoga teacher is very experienced and adjusts the session to the level, flexibility and desires of the group. No matter if you are an experienced Yogi or just want to get a taste of it, everyone likes it. Especially for surfers, yoga is the ideal balance, all muscles get stretched, joints are mobilized and activated. Core tension is the focus, that’s the main feature and benefit. Tuesday night we organize a trip to the night market in Denpasar, the capital of Bali. Experience first hand how the Balinese trade their goods, smell their foofs, see tham communicate and gamble, and feel good in a non-western environment! Every Wednesday we run a temple trip either to Tanah Lot or to Uluwatu – both of them being the most important temples on Bali. It is an incredible experience, seing how dedicated and devoted the Balinese are, how strictly they obey the hinduistic way, and how gorgeous they are dressed and dress their temples. The Indian Ocean of course just at the doorstep, as both temples are dedicated to the sea. Wednesday and Thursday are the days to join the boat trip to Nusa Lembongan, an island between Bali and Lombok. Our surfguides are with you and take you to the waves for two sessions as well as to the pristine snorkeling spots. In case you don’t want any of that, you are welcome to chill on the white sand beaches all day long! Fridays you can join the shopping shuttle. You’ll be dropped in the heart of Kuta and decide whare you would like to go. You’ll have a great time, be it in one of the surf factory outlets to buy otherwise really expensive goods and brands for a super low price, be it designer boutiques, or just a cold beer or tropical fruit juice in the center of town, watching other tourists on their busy missions. The snorkeling trip on Saturdays takes you up the East coast of Bali, and then out on the ocean in a traditional fishing boat. You’ll experience and be in the middle of what you have only seen in an aquarium. Fish and corals everywhere. Just the drive is beautiful with lush vegetation, rice terraces and high mountains on the one side, and black volcanic beaches and the bluest blue of the ocean on the other. It’s Bali. In order to make you see it all, we organize a culture trip every Sunday to the most important must have seens on the island. The vulcanos, the artist town Ubud, heaps of temples, waterfalls, lush rice terraces, monkey forests and hot springs are just examples of a variety of destinations.
- Seasonal HighlightsThe Cuisine What we are really proud of is our organic cuisine. We get the veggies from farmers in the hilly heart of Bali where soil has not seen any pesticides yet, local as well as Australian free range meat, fish from the waters surrounding Bali, and Sabina’s homemade marmalade. We strongly believe that the MSG-free approach ist the best for the well being of us and our guests! A hearty breakfast is the start of the day, especially when you surf! No mater when the morning session starts, there is always coffee, tea, toast, homemade marmalade, muesli and fruits. Once you come back from the session, the legendary brunch buffet is already waiting for you with just about everything you desire. Sweet, sour, spicy, western, Indonesian, whatever you feel like: banana pancake, pineapple pancake, omelette, sunny side up, ham, bacon, sausage, salad, nasi goring, mie goring, bamie goring, sauted veggies, and even more. Of course the early morning offer is still here. It lasts until 12:00, and this is why we call it brunch buffet! Dinner is either four-course, buffet or BBQ. Always all you can eat. The evening before you can choose between a fish / meat or a vegetarian main course. We always try to find a good mix between asian and western food and let our chef set up the menu according to his feeling and experience. This is what makes him happy, and that is reflected in the food! In case you wish to eat out, there is a great variety of restaurants in the close by Seminyak area, which cater international tastes and bellies. German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Brasilian, French, Thai and international cuisine coexists with well known fast food chains. Living on a third world island and at the same time being able to have and ebjoy everything you feel like is definitely a big plus! Of course also in terms of medical care…
- OnsenNot Applicable
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Not Applicable
- Onsen Not Applicable
- Internet Not Applicable
- Laundry Facilities Not Applicable
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Not Applicable
- AddressJl Kubu Manyar 22, Br Pipitan, Canggu, Bali 80361 Indonesia
- FaxNot Applicable
- Web sitehttp://www.thechillhouse.com
- Contact NameThe Chillhouse - Bali Surf Retreats