Home > Travel Tools > Places to Stay > Chugoku>Hiroshima > Benten no Yado Itsukushima
Tel: 0829-44-2121 >> Online Inquiry
Benten no Yado Itsukushima
Benten no Yado Itsukushima is located near Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Hiroshima, West Japan. In the Shinto religion, the island has been considered sacred since early times. The shrine was built over the bay and the Torii gate of the shrine appears floating in the water. The site is one of the most scenic in Japan. In the town of Miyajima, our inn is one of few lodgings with onsen baths (baths with hot spring water). We have a tenboburo (bath with a view) and a private bath. The landmark gate of the shrine can be seen from the guest rooms on the seaside. Our Japanese menu offers a variety of seafood, fresh from the Seto Inland Sea. The shrine and Torii gate are illuminated at night and the walkways are lit with stone lanterns. Itsukushima is the place to enjoy true Japanese hospitality.
- NameBenten no Yado Itsukushima
- Type of AccommodationRyokan
- Room TypeJapanese Only
- General Room InformationItsukushima has 2 types of guest rooms: Japanese-style rooms with futons (Japanese-style mattress) and Japanese-style rooms with beds. Seaside rooms have a view of the Seto Inland Sea and the Torii of Itsukushima Shrine. Garden-side rooms have a view of our beautiful maple and cherry tree garden.
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.A few staff can speak English.
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
- City / AreaMiyajima-cho, Hatsukaichi-shi
- Nearest Train StationJR Miyajimaguchi Station (then take ferry to Miyajima Island)
- Minutes from Station10 minutes by ferry to Miyajima Sanbashi Dock
- Pick up service available? Yes
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Sanyo Expressway / Hatsukaichi I.C.
- Nearest National RouteThere is no road available for going to Miyajima Island by car. Please take ferry instead.
- Getting ThereFrom Hiroshima Airport, 48 minutes by shuttle bus to JR Hiroshima Station. From JR Hiroshima Station, 26 minutes by train (JR Sanyo-honsen) to JR Miyajimaguchi Station. From JR Miyajimaguchi Station, 10 minutes by ferry to Miyajima Sanbashi Dock. Note: After 6:00 pm, one ferry or two leaves every hour from the mainland to Miyajima Island. The last ferry leaves at 10:40 pm. After 7:00 pm, there are fewer trains from JR Hiroshima Station to JR Miyajimaguchi Station. 4 hours from Tokyo and 2 hours from Osaka.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Address634 Miyajima-cho, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan 739-0515
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://bentennoyado.com/english/index.html
- Contact NameEnglish speaking receptionists will answer any inquiries.