Home > Travel Tools > Places to Stay > Chugoku>Hiroshima > Benten no Yado Itsukushima
Tel: 0829-44-2121 >> Online Inquiry
Benten no Yado Itsukushima
Benten no Yado Itsukushima is located near Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Hiroshima, West Japan. In the Shinto religion, the island has been considered sacred since early times. The shrine was built over the bay and the Torii gate of the shrine appears floating in the water. The site is one of the most scenic in Japan. In the town of Miyajima, our inn is one of few lodgings with onsen baths (baths with hot spring water). We have a tenboburo (bath with a view) and a private bath. The landmark gate of the shrine can be seen from the guest rooms on the seaside. Our Japanese menu offers a variety of seafood, fresh from the Seto Inland Sea. The shrine and Torii gate are illuminated at night and the walkways are lit with stone lanterns. Itsukushima is the place to enjoy true Japanese hospitality.
- NameBenten no Yado Itsukushima
- Type of AccommodationRyokan
- Room TypeJapanese Only
- General Room InformationItsukushima has 2 types of guest rooms: Japanese-style rooms with futons (Japanese-style mattress) and Japanese-style rooms with beds. Seaside rooms have a view of the Seto Inland Sea and the Torii of Itsukushima Shrine. Garden-side rooms have a view of our beautiful maple and cherry tree garden.
- English Speaking Staff? Yes.A few staff can speak English.
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
Room & Rate Details
- Room Rates ￥20,000 - ￥30,000
￥10,000 - ￥20,000
Dinner and breakfast included for all the room rates. Service Charge and Sales tax is Included in above rates. Hot Spring Spa Tax (usually 150yen per person) is charged separately. There will be some seasonal variations, especially during New Years, Golden Week (Early May) and Obon Season (Mid August). Rates for four guests are not shown in the list. Please contact us for the rates.
- City / AreaMiyajima-cho, Hatsukaichi-shi
- Nearest Train StationJR Miyajimaguchi Station (then take ferry to Miyajima Island)
- Minutes from Station10 minutes by ferry to Miyajima Sanbashi Dock
- Pick up service available? Yes
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange Sanyo Expressway / Hatsukaichi I.C.
- Nearest National RouteThere is no road available for going to Miyajima Island by car. Please take ferry instead.
- Getting ThereFrom Hiroshima Airport, 48 minutes by shuttle bus to JR Hiroshima Station. From JR Hiroshima Station, 26 minutes by train (JR Sanyo-honsen) to JR Miyajimaguchi Station. From JR Miyajimaguchi Station, 10 minutes by ferry to Miyajima Sanbashi Dock. Note: After 6:00 pm, one ferry or two leaves every hour from the mainland to Miyajima Island. The last ferry leaves at 10:40 pm. After 7:00 pm, there are fewer trains from JR Hiroshima Station to JR Miyajimaguchi Station. 4 hours from Tokyo and 2 hours from Osaka.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsItsukushima Shrine The illumination of the shrine, pagoda and gate starts after sunset. When it's dark, the place looks very different and has a special kind of mood. The best time to visit the shrine is when it's high tide. The illumination ends at 11:00 pm. Miyajima Ropeway Enjoy a 360 degree panorama from the observation deck of Mt. Misen. Both Shikoku and Honshu Islands can be seen from the summit.
- ActivitiesThe shrine and Torii gate are illuminated at night and the walkways are lit with stone lanterns. We recommend you to visit the shrine after dark to experience the charm of old Japan.
- Seasonal HighlightsNot Applicable
- OnsenIn the town of Miyajima, our inn is one of few lodgings with onsen baths (baths with hot spring water). We have a tenboburo (bath with a view) and a private bath.
Facilities & Services
- Meals Provided Yes.Our Japanese menu offers a variety of seafood, fresh from the Seto Inland Sea. Itsukushima offers fresh seafood from the Seto Inland Sea. Our chef chooses the best ingredients for each season. Enjoy our special Japanese dinner.
- Onsen Yes.On Miyajima Island, Itsukushima is one of few lodgings with onsen baths (baths with hot spring water). Our bath has a great view and the bathtub is made of Hinoki wood. Have sake while relaxing in the tub. The private bath has a garden view and the popular bedrock bath is good for body.
- Internet Not Applicable
- Laundry Facilities Not Applicable
- Pets Allowed Not Applicable
- Other Facilities Not Applicable
- Address634 Miyajima-cho, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan 739-0515
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://bentennoyado.com/english/index.html
- Contact NameEnglish speaking receptionists will answer any inquiries.