Tel: 090 1576 4489 or (08)...
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
Hata Surf Dojo
Hata Surf Dojo is located at the northern end of a beautiful 4 km stretch of beach in Kuroshio-cho in the south-west of Kochi Prefecture, Shikoku. It’s an ideal place for learning how to surf with perfect size waves for beginners and a stunning natural backdrop of pine forests and mountains. We run lessons almost daily from May thru to November. During our lessons you’ll experience the natural thrill and challenge of surfing in a fun and safe environment, under the guidance of an Aussie surf coach with over 15 years experience in surf coaching. Hata Surf Dojo can arrange surf and stay packages with a variety of accommodation options including camping, minshuku’s and hotels. We also rent soft, safe and fun coaching boards if you want to keep your surfing stoke going. So why wait! Come find your Mojo at Hata Surf Dojo!
- Company NameHata Surf Dojo
- Company TypeSurfing School
- Activities Available
- English Speaking Staff?
- Other Languages SpokenNot Applicable
Activity & Rate Details
- General InformationNot Applicable
- Activity Rates
- Activity [￥]
- 3 Lesson 
- 3 x 2 hour lesson
- 2 Lesson 
- 2 x 2 hour lesson
- 1 Lesson 
- 2 hour surf lesson
- Cancellation PolicyCancellation 5 days prior to lesson incur no charge. Cancellation 5-1 days prior to lesson incur 30% charge. Cancellation on the day incurs 50% charge. Hata Surf Dojo reserves the right to cancel Surfing lessons no less than 1 day prior to start of lesson due to dangerous conditions including typhoons, gigantic waves and/or stormy weather. Full refunds (on lesson charge only) will be provided.
- Payment InformationNot Applicable
- City / AreaKochi, Shikoku
- Nearest Train StationIrino Train Station
- Minutes from Station3 minutes by car
- Pick up service available?
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange / InterchangeSusaki Higashi Interchange
- Nearest National RouteRoute 56
- Getting ThereRegular trains run via Okayama through Kochi City to Tosa-Irino Station (approx 4.5 hours). Changeover in Kochi City is sometimes required. From Matsuyama to Tosa-Irino station train changes are required in Uwajima and then Shimanto town. There is a nightly bus service from either Kyoto Station (20:10) or Umeda Station, Osaka (21:55) arriving in Tosa-Irino (07:02) the next morning. (Bus times may vary) When driving from Takamatsu, Matsuyama or Honshu, travel on the expressway past Kochi City and take the last exit (Susaki Higashi interchange). Follow route 56 (approx 1.5 hours) until you reach Ukibuchi. Look for a large carpark with a large whale on a sign and a roadside souvenir shop/restaurant called "Ogata Bios". Hata Surf Dojo is located 100 metres north (on route 56) next to the Shell Gasoline stand. Please contact us for more detailed information.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsCome and explore one of the most beautiful rural coastlines in all of Japan or take in the spectacular scenery around the Shimanto River.
- ActivitiesScuba diving, kayaking, canoeing, hiking, fishing, sea kayaking, swimming and of course relaxing on the numerous beaches scattered around Hata Gun.
- Seasonal HighlightsAutumn is a beautiful time of year with crisp mornings, beautiful blue skies and lots of Autumn colours on the surrounding hills.
- OnsenNot Applicable
Facilities & Services
- Rental Gear AvailableYes.Fun and safe surf coaching boards Camping equipment
- Accommodation Available A variety of options are available, please contact Hata Surf Dojo for more details.
- Meals ProvidedNot Applicable
- InternetNot Applicable
- Other FacilitiesNot Applicable
- Address3570-1 Ukibuchi Kuroshio-cho Hata Gun Kochi Prefecture 789-1911
- Telephone090 1576 4489 or (08) 8043 3309
- Fax(08) 8031278
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.hatasurfdojo.com
- Contact NameBruce Dillon