Home > Travel Tools > Outdoor Operators > Chubu>Nagano > NORTHSTAR Outdoor Adventures
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
NORTHSTAR Outdoor Adventures
NORTHSTAR outdoor adventures is an international outdoor sports lodge in Norikura. We provide a uniqe experience balanced between intense adventure and peaceful reflection.Our instructors are quality, our food is good. Wehike, ike, snowboard, ski, rock climb. Can you handle the ride? n the Northern Japan Alps. NORTHSTAR provides a unique experience balanced between intense adventure and peaceful reflection. Our instructors are quality, our food is good. We hike, we bike, we snowboard, we rock climb. We love what we do. Can you handle the ride?
- Company NameNORTHSTAR Outdoor Adventures
- Company TypeNot Applicable
- Activities Available
- English Speaking Staff?Yes.Most of Northstar's staff can speak English.
- Other Languages SpokenJapanese
Activity & Rate Details
- General InformationPer Person Including 1 night stay with 2 meals (dinner & breakfast)
Adult (Junior High Student and up) - ¥7,800 Elementary Student - ¥6,800
Kindergarten Student - ¥3,800
Babies - Free
Early Check In - ¥3,000
- Activity Rates
- Activity [￥]
- Wall climbing 
- 2 hour session with lodging at NORTHSTAR. (including rental shoes)
- Hiking 
- Full day (3h)
- Hiking 
- Harf day (3h)
- Snowboarding 
- Full day (4h)
- Snowboarding 
- Harf day (2h)
- MTB 
- Half Day MTB Lesson including rental. (2-3hrs)
- MTB 
- Full Day MTB Lesson including rental. (5-6hrs)
- Backcountry 
- Full day No lunch
- River hiking 
- Not Applicable
- Cancellation PolicyCANCELATION
30 days before-20% of the total bill, 7 days before-50% of the total bill, 72 hours before-80% of the total bill%, 24 hours before-100% of the total bill.
CANCELATION - HI SEASON
Christmas - New Years Holiday, Golden Week, Obon
45 days before-20% of the total bill, 2 weeks before-50% of the total bill, 7 days before-80% of the total bill, 72 hours before-100% of the total bill. at anytime before your arrival you wish to cancel please be aware that the deposit (one night stay per-person) will not be refunded.
- Payment InformationWe accept cash and most major credit cards at the front desk. We also accept back transfers from banks within Japan.
- City / AreaMatsumoto city
- Nearest Train Station新島々駅 Shin shimashima st./ Matsumoto dentetsu
- Minutes from Station45 minutes
- Pick up service available?Yes. 1000 yen/person oneway to Shin-shimashima, 1500 yen/person one way to Matsumoto
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange / InterchangeMatsumoto IC
- Nearest National RouteR158
- Getting ThereChuo-Express way to Nagano Express way via Okaya JCT. Take Matsumoto IC exit and take R158 toward to Kamikochi/Takayama. After 50 minutes driving take turn left at Maekawado intersection toward Norikura-Kogen. After 10 minutes dirving take turn left at the intersection of the sign, lodge #20. About 100m down on the left from there.
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsNORTHSTAR is located in Norikura Kogen [ highland ], 1500 meters up the mountain. We are part of The Japan Northern Alps National Park. We are situated in central Honshu within 1 hour of Matsumoto and Takayama, 2-6 hours of major cities [ Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, Toyama, Niigata, Nagano, Matsumoto, and more ].
Mt. Norikura is one of the younger volcanoes in the Northern Alps. It has several peaks, but the highest is 3026m [ Kengamine ]. You can shuttle guests to an elevation of 2700m [ Tatamidaira ] by bus or taxi. Public cars are not allowed access to the skyline road.
Individuals must travel by bus or taxi. The road to the top is open from July 1st until the end of October. On the ridge there are snow fields, flower garden, and caldera lakes. We also use this area for rock climbing.
- ActivitiesNORIKURA KOGEN SKI AREA
We use the ski resort almost every day in the winter season. It is a short 10 minute walk to the chair lifts, and a quick car drive to the center of the resort.
- Seasonal HighlightsSakura: May
Norikura Mt. opening festival.: May
Colored Leaves: Sep-Oct
- OnsenONSEN [ HOT SPRING ]
NORTHSTAR’s baths are not Onsen water, but we have an Onsen that is a 3 minute walk away. There are several Onsen baths close by: Yukemurikan [ ¥600 ], Seseraginoyu [ free ], Kyukamura Onsen [ ¥500 ]. Please talk to our front desk for discounted tickets to Yukemurikan.
Facilities & Services
- Rental Gear AvailableYes.Snowboard - Half Day ¥3,000 Snowboard - Full Day ¥4,000 Snowshoe - Full Day ¥1,000
- Accommodation Available Yes.1night 2days 2meals
. Elementary 5,800yen
~3years old 3,500yen
2year old~ free
- Meals ProvidedYes.We serve a great mix of western style food.
- InternetYes.Free wireless internet access is available to all guests.
- Other FacilitiesOur lobby holds a 5.5m climbing wall. Downstairs, we have a game room with air hockey, ping-pong and fuseball.
Our backyard is a popular picnic spot for visitors to Norikura.
In front of the lodge is the NORTHSTAR playground, rails and ramps for snowboards and mountain bikes.
- Address4306 Azumi, Matsumoto Shi, Nagano Ken, 〒390-1513
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.ridenorthstar.com
- Contact NameKen Yamaguchi