Tel: 0261-72-5150 (+81-261...
Come and explore the beauty of the Japanese Northern Alps with the Evergreen Outdoor Center - on land water or in the sky.
- Company NameEvergreen Outdoors
- Company TypeGeneral Outdoors
- Activities Available
- English Speaking Staff?Yes.Native English Speaking staff.
- Other Languages SpokenJapanese and French
Activity & Rate Details
- General InformationAll equipment needed, shuttles to activity site, sports insurance and tax included in price. Children prices are for children 12 and under.
- Activity Rates
- Activity [￥]
- Canyoning [Adult: 8,000 Child: 7,000]
- Get a taste of the canyoning experience with our half-day jaunts into our local water playground. We guarantee you will be impressed by the geography of the creeks and the fun we can have exploring what lays around each bend and over each waterfall. All of the gear that you will need will be provided so just bring your swim trunks and an adventurous spirit.
- White WaterRafting [Adult: 5,250 Child: 4,200 Under 6 years old: 1,050]
- Jump in a sturdy inflatable raft and head out with local guides on Hakuba Valley’s premier river, Himekawa (Princess River). A technical class 2 whitewater river with great views of the Hakuba mountain range. Both morning and afternoon tours are available and we welcome big groups to join in. After a whitewater ride down the river, a relaxing soak in one of Hakuba’s mineral onsen is included in the price.
- Lake Canoe [Adult: 5,250 Child: 4,200 Under 6 years old: 1,050]
- This summer get yourself into an open canoe and enjoy the thrill of paddling on a pristine lake. After a short safety talk and paddle instruction on the shores of Lake Aokiko, you'll be crusing along without a worry in awe of the picturesque scenery Hakuba has to offer. There is nothing more refreshing than a paddle or swim in the crystal clear waters of Lake Aokiko on a warm summer's day.
- Lake Kayak [Adult: 5,250 Child: 5,250]
- Experience the unique form of travel that the Inuit (Canada's Northern Indigenous people) invented and have used for centuries. After a short dry land instruction you will be paddling in and around the shores of Lake Aokiko and taking in the open air vistas and checking out the aquatic life. If you want the rush of swift water then we will practice all the nessesaty skills on the lake the first day then head out for some downriver action on day two.
- Down River Canoe & Kayak [Adult: 22,000 Child: 22,000]
- For those who have always wanted to navigate their own canoe or kayak down a river, here is your chance. Let Evergreen's professional instructors teach you what you need to know to have an unforgettable river experience. After one day of lake instruction we will have you piloting your own canoe down one of Nagano's largest rivers; the Sai Gawa on day two.
- Mtn. Bike Fun Ride [Adult: 4,725 Child: 3,675]
- Come explore the natural side of Japan by mountain bike.Take in spectacular views of the North Alps as we ride the gravel back roads and tight single-track of Hakuba Village.
- Mtn. Bike Downhill [Adult: 5,250 Child: 5,250]
- For those more adventurous souls why not try one of Evergreen's downhill tours. Learn good riding technique while you challenge yourself on natural single-track and double-track courses. After a lift to the top and bike training you can let gravity do its work to aid you down hundreds of vertical meters to the valley bottom. For those more advanced riders that want the gnarly rides, don't hold back! Evergreen can provide you with half day and full day world-class riding with expert and pro rider
- Rock Climbing [Adult: 4,725 Child: 3,675]
- Don't miss out on the thrill and challenge of sport rock climbing. Let one of our rock hounds show you how safe and easy and of course how much fun sport climbing is! There is a climb waiting for every ability level and physical stature. So what are you waiting for? Get yourself vertical.
- Hiking & Trekking [Adults: 4,200~ Child: 3,675~]
- Let one of our local and knowledgeable guides introduce you to the beauty and diversity of the Northern Japanese Alps on a one day gondola accessed alpine hike or take a relaxing lower elevation half days stroll to the natural Hime River spring through lush coniferous and deciduous forest. On both hikes you will be introduced to colourful Japanese wildflowers of the season as well as native birds and animals. Discover a whole new world on foot.
- 1 Day Activity Combos [Adult: 8,925~ Child: 6,825]
- If you really want to get the most out of your holiday in Hakuba then this tour option is for you. Choose any two of our half day summer activities and combine them to make a great 1 day adventure. You have the option to include a picnick or indian curry lunch between tours.
- Cancellation Policy A cancellation charge will be requested on cancellations 10 days or less before a confirmed tour. 10~7 days prior 10%; 6~3 days prior 30%; 2 days prior 50%; 24 hours prior and same day cancellations 100%. Evergreen Outdoor Center reserves the right to cancel tours due to inclement weather, insufficient bookings or events beyond our control. In this case, alternate dates may be offered or full refunds will be made.
- Payment InformationTo confirm the booking, we require credit card information or a bank transfer. Our bank details are as follows: Hachijuni (82) Bank Hakuba-ten (Branch), Futsu Kouza #126544 Account name: Evergreen Outdoor Center or at any Japanese Post Office: Furikomi Kouza #00530-0-77782 Account name: Evergreen Outdoor Center Alternatively, you can fax or phone through your Visa/Mastercard details to the following numbers: Tel: 02-61-5150 (within Japan) or +81-2-61-5150 (international) Fax: 02-61-8056 (within Japan) or +81-2-61-8056 (international) Please know your card number will only be used to secure the booking. Upon arriving in Hakuba, you can pay by cash or credit card at our office.
- City / AreaHakuba
- Nearest Train StationHakuba
- Minutes from Station5 minutes by car
- Pick up service available?Yes..We can pick you up from the Hakuba train station, Happo bus terminal or from your accommodation in Hakuba.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange / InterchangeNagano I.C. on the Jyoshinetsu and Toyoshin I.C. on the Chuo.
- Nearest National RouteR. 148
- Getting ThereFrom Kanto (Tokyo) By Car Take the Kan-etsu Expressway north to the Joshin-etsu Junction. Follow the Joshin-etsu Expressway to the Nagano Interchange where you will then follow signs for Hakuba and Route 19. Take the toll tunnel marked to HAKUBA. Following the Olympic Road into Hakuba, cross over the Route 148 overpass, continue 250m past the Happo Ireguchi traffic signal (Lawson on right) until you see the large Nagano Olympic sign on your left. Turn left and continue uphill straight through to the intersection to the Mominoki Hotel on your right. The Evergreen Outdoor Center is located inside the Wadano no mori Visitor Center in the Mominoki Hotel complex. (approx. 3.5~4 hours) OR Take the Chuo Expressway from Hachijoji continuing North at the Okaya Junction, to the Toyoshina Interchange. Once off the Interchange, follow the signs for Route 148 towards Omachi and Hakuba. Once in Hakuba you will cross a railway overpass, here you will continue 250m past the Happo Ireguchi traffic signal (5th signal along the Olympic Road, Lawson on right) until you see the large Nagano Olympic sign on your left. Turn left and continue uphill straight through to the intersection to the Mominoki Hotel on your right. The Evergreen Outdoor Center is located inside the Wadano no mori Visitor Center in the Mominoki Hotel complex. (approx. 3.5 hrs from Hachijoji) By Train Shinkansen, Tokyo Station to Nagano Station. Then catch the Highland Express Bus to Hakuba out front of the east exit. Pick up service from Happo or Hakuba Stations. (3 hrs) Oito-sen (Super Azusa), Shinjuku Station, direct to Hakuba Station (4 hrs) From Kansai By Car Take the Chuo-Expressway from Nagoya turning North at the Okaya Junction, to the Toyoshina Interchange. Once off the Interchange, follow the signs for Route 147 towards Omachi and then 148 to Hakuba. Once in Hakuba you will cross a railway overpass, here you will continue 250m past the Happo Ireguchi traffic signal (5th signal along the Olympic Road, Lawson on right) until you see the large Nagano Olympic sign on your left. Turn left and continue uphill straight through to the intersection to the Mominoki Hotel on your right. The Evergreen Outdoor Center is located inside the Wadano no mori Visitor Center in the Mominoki Hotel complex. (approx. 4 hrs Nagoya)
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsExperience the local Japanese culture firsthand with a knowledgeable guide who will lead you through the best Nagano has to offer. This is not your usual “tourist tour” where you hop off the tour bus, snap a few photos and head off. Our cultural tours try and tie in the historical and traditional context of the sites we visit. Nagano Prefecture has many fascinating one-of-a-kind points of interest that will delight and excite you.
- ActivitiesHakuba’s fresh air, clear flowing waters and an expansive mountain range make it the ideal playground for summer fun. Whether it is a relaxed day on the lake or fast action-packed thrills in the sky, rivers, mountains or canyons, Hakuba has what you need to energize and refresh! Hakuba boasts 15 ski hills with in a 15 minute drive of the town centre.
- Seasonal HighlightsGreat lift accessed Summer hiking from 4 gondolas in the Hakuba valley swiftly take you to the alpine where protected flora and fauna native to this area of Japan can be viewed spring through autumn. The Fall colours of the deciduous trees is on of the most beautiful sights you will see any where. Come winter these 3000 metre peaks see some of the deepest snow falls to be found anywhere in the world. The great powder snow and steep terrain make Hakuba a real winter paridise for Skiiers and Snowboarders alike. Once the snows are gone from the valley come May the wild cherries of the area bloom and the Salt Road festival takes place to signal the change from winter to the green season once again.
- OnsenHakuba is definately blessed with an abundance of great hot springs. Hakuba and the surounding Otari village, Miasa village and Omachi city have multiple natural springs with all very different qualities of water and minerals. Hakuba has 3 different types of hot spring water which is distributed to at least 100 diferent hotels, lodges and public onsens. There are natural outdoor springs, very nice indoor springs sprinkled all through the area as well as a few foot Onsens free of charge just to soak your tired feet. There is not a place in the valley that you are ever anymore than five minutes away from a hot steamy hot spring bath!
Facilities & Services
- Rental Gear AvailableYes.At Evergreen we have rental skis, boards and clothing as well as back country safety equipment in the winter and Mtn. Bikes, regular on road bicycles, canoes and kayaks in the summer. In our store we sell Mtn. Bikes durring the summer and Back country gear durring the winter.
- Accommodation Available Yes.If you wish to spend a night or longer in the Hakuba area enquire about Evergreen’s accommodation / recreation packages. We are affiliated with western style B&B’s, pensions, hotels, and Japanese style inns. All have their own flavor and facilities. Contact us for specific pricing and occupancy.
- Meals ProvidedYes.Evergreen runs a vegetarian cafe and can provide picnick lunches, Indian curry lunches, Japanese syle Bento boxes as well as BBQ's from the cafe.
- InternetYes.wireless internet conection.
- Other FacilitiesWhy not camp right on the shores of Lake Aokiko at or afilliated Aokiko Camp site. This is where many of our watersports activities are based. During the winter months Evergreen provides ski and snowboard tuning and waxing. The Pub right next door is a great way to spend your apres ski hours and great restaurants in the area to dine at.
- AddressKokusai Lodge 4377 Hokujou, Hakuba, Kita Azumi, Nagano, Japan 399-9301
- Telephone0261-72-5150 (+81-261-72-5150)
- Fax0261-72-8056 (+81-261-72-8056)
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.evergreen-outdoors.com
- Contact NameDave Enright