Tel: (0278) 72 8900 (in Ja...
Sorry, no Twitter feed at this time.
Japan's outdoor adventure professionals. Situated in the outdoor Mecca of Minakami, just 1.5 hours from Tokyo and surrounded by the splendour of the Central Japan Alps. Professional experienced staff from NZ, Australia and Japan provide for a high-quality outdoor adventure in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Uncle Bear has pioneered outdoor adventure in Minakami for over 10 years, setting the standard for safety and leading the way with new adrenalizing adventures.
- Company NameUncle Bear
- Company TypeWhite Water Rafting / General Outdoors
- Activities Available
- English Speaking Staff?Yes
- Other Languages SpokenJapanese
Activity & Rate Details
- General InformationNot Applicable
- Activity Rates
- Activity [￥]
- The Tonegawa is unarguably Japan's best whitewater rafting adventure. World class rapids ranging from a placid grade 2 in the middle of summer, up to a raging grade 4+ during the spring melt and typhoon seasons. Over 15 kms of whitewater, including Japan's most difficult commercially rafted canyon - momijikyo (canyon of the beach trees). Make sure you catch the water early in the season to ensure an unforgettable adventure of liquid bliss. Thrill level ****
- Get amongst it! Jump and abseil waterfalls. Slide down naturally carved rock slides into pools of crystal clear water. Swim Through untouched canyons surrounded by pristine rainforest. Courses to suit all levels. Guide and all equipment provided. Thrill level ****
- Mountain Biking
- 15 kilometers of mountain biking paradise. All downhill! Courses to suit all levels. From nervous first timers to the adrenaline junky. Guide and all equipment provided. Thrill level ****
- 4 wheel all terrain buggies. 30 kilometers of off road courses to accommodate all levels. Guide and equipment provided. Thrill level ****
- Canoe & Kayak
- Relax in the beauty of Lake Naramata, surrounded by the Japan Alps. Remote mountain lake only accessible by canoe or kayak. Explore and discover the
- Snowboard Rentals
- Uncle Bear has quality equipment renewed yearly. Latest model boards, bindings and boots - as well as a selection of fun skis and carving skis. Ski area discounts are also available.
- Snowshoe Tours
- Experience firsthand the beauty of the Central Alps winter panorama. An unforgettable nature adventure with spectacular views in the tranquility of the mountains.
- Snowmobile Tours
- Ever wanted to cut loose on a snowmobile? Here's your chance! Courses to suit all levels - plus a terrain park.
- Cancellation PolicyNot Applicable
- Payment InformationNot Applicable
- City / AreaMinakami
- Nearest Train StationNot Applicable
- Minutes from StationNot Applicable
- Pick up service available? . All station and accommodation shuttles included.
- Nearest Expressway / Interchange / InterchangeNot Applicable
- Nearest National RouteNot Applicable
- Getting ThereNot Applicable
- Google Map Link Click here for Google Map
- Travel HighlightsNot Applicable
- ActivitiesNot Applicable
- Seasonal HighlightsNot Applicable
- OnsenMany onsen nearby
Facilities & Services
- Rental Gear AvailableNot Applicable
- Accommodation Available .Accommodation Specials Special package deals with hotels/pensions more value!
- Meals Provided ."Banu" Cafe & Bar Relax and enjoy a cold beer or light meal after your adventure. Riverside BBQ Area Chill out or chow down. Fully catered or B.Y.O. available.
- InternetNot Applicable
- Other FacilitiesNot Applicable
- AddressNot Applicable
- Telephone(0278) 72 8900 (in Japan) or 81-278 72 8900 (int'l)
- Fax(0278) 72 8986 (in Japan) 81-278 72 8986 (int'l)
- EmailSend email messages, questions or bookings through the Online Booking Request Form below.
- Web sitehttp://www.uboutdoor.com
- Contact NameUncle BEAR, Owner: Mogi (the Bear)