News & Notes
Let’s Go! Tanzawa Oyama Yamanami Stamp RallyMay 14 (Thu ), 2015
Let’s Go! Tanzawa Oyama Yamanami Stamp Rally
Starts April 1, 2015
Ends March 31, 2016
WHAT’S A STAMP RALLY?
In Japan, a “stamp rally” is a popular “game” often put on by cities and towns where participants can collect stamps by visiting different attractions or locations in the area. Once they have collected all the stamps, they can exchange their completed stamp rally cards for prizes.
This year, the Tanzawa and Oyama areas will be hosting the “Yamanami Stamp Rally” with interesting locations ranging from train stations, ancient temples, trail heads and the top of three famous mountains in the Tanzawa and Oyama areas.
“What? I need to climb four mountains to collect my stamps?” Yes, but no need to rush. You’ve got until March 31, 2016 to collect your stamps, and there will be a lucky draw at the very end with some fantastic prizes.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
· Pick up a stamp rally card at one of the stamp rally exchange stations. These stamp rally cards will cost 500yen.
· Enjoy hiking in the beautiful Hadano area and, when you reach a stamp station, get your card stamped. You can collect your stamps in any order you like.
· Once you’ve collected all the stamps, take your card to a Stamp Rally Exchange station to collect your prize. Remember to get your card stamped for proof of completion.
· Fill out your name, address and contact information on your card and hand it in at the Stamp Rally Exchange Station (remember to make sure you have the proof of completion stamped on your card!). You can also mail your card in later.
STAMP RALLY EXCHANGE STATIONS
Stamp Rally cards and prizes (in exchange for completed card) are available at the following stations:
· Donguri House (Okura): Near the Okura bus stop. Open: Weekdays 9 a.m. – 5p.m., Saturdays, Sundays and holidays 7 a.m. – 5p.m. (Closed on Mondays). Tel: (0463) 87-0021
* 営業時間(平日)9 a.m. – 5 p.m., (土日祝日)7 a.m. – 5 p.m. (月曜定休)
· Hadano Tourism Office: Next to the Odakyu Line at Hadano Station. Open: All year round 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Tel: (0463) 83-6477 (Not to be mistaken with Hadano City Tourist Association)
*営業時間9 a.m. – 8 p.m.（年中無休）
· Ohtsuya Kyarabuki Honpo: Located along the Oyama Koma Sandou. Open:
* 営業時間9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (不定休)
Oyama Tourism Office: Next to the Oyama Cable Bus Stop. Open: All year round 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Tel: (0463) 72-8126
*営業時間 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. (年中無休)
You can also purchase Stamp Rally cards, but NOT exchange prizes at:
· Isehara Station Tourism Office: Located near the north exit stairs of Isehara train station. Open year round: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Closed for lunch from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.) Tel: (0463) 95-5333 – cannot exchange
*営業時間9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (12:30 – 13:30昼休み)(年中無休)
WHERE CAN I GET MY STAMP RALLY CARD STAMPED?
You must collect six different stamps from the following stamp stations in order to complete your card.
- Miyama Sansou (Tanzawa-san) みやま山荘(丹沢山) Tel: (090) 2624-7229
- Sonbutsu Sansou (Tounodake) 尊仏山荘(塔ノ岳) Tel: (090)2569-6013
- Nabewari Sansou (Nabewariyama) 鍋割山荘 (鍋割山) Tel: (0463) 87-3298
- Oyama Sanchou (Oyama) 大山山頂(大山) Tel: (0463) 95-2013 (Oyama Shimosha Jinja)
Miyama, Sonbutsu, and Nabewari stamp stations are inside the mountain huts (sansou) on top of the mountains and can be reached by hiking up. Oyama does not have a mountain hut, but the stamp station is at the summit.
The other two locations are easier to get to:
- Donguri House (Okura) どんぐりハウス(大倉) Tel: (0463) 87-0021
- Oyama Tourism Office 大山観光案内所 Tel: (0463) 72-8126
*Make sure to check the opening/closing times for each location beforehand.
WHAT KIND OF PRIZES CAN I WIN?
- April – June: Spring motif towel
- July – Sept: Summer motif towel
- Oct – Nov: Fall motif towel
- Dec – Mar: Winter motif towel
Starting this year, there will also be a “Grand Slam Award.” Each season’s motif towel comes with a special sticker inside the bag. Collect these stickers from all four types of towels, you will receive a 50th Anniversary of Tanzawa National Park and Grand Slam Award badge.
Also remember to mail in your completed Stamp Rally card for the lucky draw. Winners will receive special prizes ranging from outdoor goods to local specialties.
Hadano City Tourist Association 秦野市観光協会
Tel: (0463) 82-8833
Oyama Tourism Office 大山観光案内所
Tel: (0463) 72-8126